Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 7 compensation program will reportedly let customers get a Galaxy S8 free

Rohith Rohi1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm a note 7 owner in Canada. I've already done one exchange and I want nothing to do with an S7 or any other phone for that matter. I'm still holding on to my note 7 for now. I've had a few message prompts sent to my phone directly from Samsung. Informing me that the phone could explode and to please exchange the unit So far Samsung have not remotely disabled the phone....

I can tell one thing my freing ... Go get your samsung store near by and tell your all info..!! They Will Solve your problem

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
it IS saying that you have to pay off 50% OFF of the S7 or S7 Edge.... I don't want to keep my edge for THAT long.... I am less than 2 weeks into my edge :(

Rohith Rohi1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
At the moment, the announced program is limited to previous Note 7 owners in KOREA. No plan for other markets has yet been announced.

I'm hopeful this will be a model for other countries as well, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes My freind ...As per recent updates from samsung I cansay this in for Korea and can be spread to all countries but in Not at sudden..!!!

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so why not make the change across the models? Or at least your flagship models (Maybe the Galaxy Grand doesn't need it lol)

Given that the S8 is expected to be available for purchase in Q1 of 2017, I'm thinking it may be too late in the design/development cycle to make it happen. Regardless, I'd much rather have a phone with a place to store the S-Pen built into it than have to purchase a case that supports it. So I'll just wait until the Note 8 (or whatever it's going to be called, since I think the "Note" moniker is probably toxic now).

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
it IS saying that you have to pay off 50% OFF of the S7 or S7 Edge.... I don't want to keep my edge for THAT long.... I am less than 2 weeks into my edge :(

If it's a Note-like replacement you desire, you'll probably be close to 50% paid off when it's released. I think it's very unlikely that you'll see the Note 8/Galaxy 8 Pro/S8 Plus (or whatever it will be called) before August/September 2017.

I have an S7 Edge as my replacement now, and think it was the right choice. Wireless charging, MicroSD support, Samsung Pay, Always On Display ... these tick all the right boxes for me. I do miss the S-Pen, but I can wait.

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
They like to see us suffer don't they...

Yes, clearly it's part of Samsung's Master Plan, as a successful multibillion-dollar corporation with a faithful global customer base, to prevent the generation as much profit as possible by intentionally causing those same loyal customers distress.

Seriously?

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Too little and very too late, they should have announced that when they announced the recall...I've already jumped ship without any regrets. Will probably get back to Note 8.. but will probably wait a couple of months before buying one...

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Some ppl don't undetstand it's about principle to most ppl. You buy want you want because THAT'S what you want. For the product to be recalled twice, you have to pull out all your bells and whistles to keep your customers happy. And that's at the beginning of your product recall. Not after you weight in on what the market is noticing. Ppl wanted a N7....and there's nothing else out there close to it. The first and only compensation for us should have been ppl who had the N7 should be receiving a 50% off the next Note. Its part of doing business when your product fail, to let ppl know you have them in mind for buying your product in the first place.

Lexus new top of the line flagship compensation program will reportedly let customers get a discounted Toyota.

Don't seem right does it?

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Yes, there will be a Note 8! Samsung has confirmed it indirectly. Financial incentives will be given to Note 7 owners at least it will start in Korea. They also said the availability of such a program in other markets will be dependent on the situation in each country.
Financial incentives or not, here - take my money! Give me the Note 8 already. Dammit!

JayWalk

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually think that Samsung has given me more than fair compensation for this mess despite the fact that I hate having to turn in my N7 for an S7E. Between the multiple incentives (I double dipped), the various Samsung pay promo's that resulted in Visa and D&D gift cards, the $25 original credit, the new $100 credit and now an opportunity to buy a phone at 1/2 price (if that even pans out)...I definitely think they have way exceeded what is adequate for compensating us. The 1/2 price phone basically amounts to a free loaner for a year as your new phone will be offset by the amount you paid for your current one. Not too shabby if you ask me!

The bottom line is that the Note 7 issue sucked. It sucked for us and it REALLY sucked for Samsung. Sometime things out of our control just happen and you accept them and move on. Obviously Samsung did not want the Note 7 fiasco to happen and I for one am not going to hold a grudge against them for something that was unforeseen.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually think that Samsung has given me more than fair compensation for this mess despite the fact that I hate having to turn in my N7 for an S7E. Between the multiple incentives (I double dipped), the various Samsung pay promo's that resulted in Visa and D&D gift cards, the $25 original credit, the new $100 credit and now an opportunity to buy a phone at 1/2 price (if that even pans out)...I definitely think they have way exceeded what is adequate for compensating us. The 1/2 price phone basically amounts to a free loaner for a year as your new phone will be offset by the amount you paid for your current one. Not too shabby if you ask me!

The bottom line is that the Note 7 issue sucked. It sucked for us and it REALLY sucked for Samsung. Sometime things out of our control just happen and you accept them and move on. Obviously Samsung did not want the Note 7 fiasco to happen and I for one am not going to hold a grudge against them for something that was unforeseen.
It's all up to the individual experience. For me the experience was good for the first week and after that horrible and it still continues. Samsung refuses to replace my device because I got it for free. What difference does that make? They either want the device off the market or don't. I'm not just going to give them the Note7 for nothing while I've spent a considerable amount of my time dealing with the first recall and now with trying to get a replacement as part of the second. It also seems that the process is moving much better in the US than in Canada. I guess our market is just not that significant to Samsung.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why do people feel so entitled nowadays? This situation sucks for Samsung way more than it does for any us. No one has lost anything. They gave everyone that wanted out of the Note 7 options and compensation. I hate how some people are acting like they're so traumatized from all this. If they give US customers incentive to buy the next phone, great! If they don't, I'll still buy it anyway because I feel like Samsung makes the best smartphones on the market right now. If this doesn't come stateside it'll probably be the fault of our carriers and not Samsung.
Not entitlement, but bridging good will to customers that wasted a day of time twice and some with flight issues. Offer a discount at launch. Free is extreme and ditto for 50%.

I got a 256GB card. Good stuff.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I agree 50% would be a good way to keep your customer base happy for those of us former N7ers

I'm still trying to get a $129 refund for Samsung protection plus , there denying any responsibility saying it assurance responsibility and they say Samsung.
I got a call from Samsung corporate America saying not are problem but will give you a discount on a phone.
To bad I didn't at least here out there offer , once I said I was on a IPhone now no thanks that soured the conversation.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Too late for me, already have a Pixel XL on the way. Seems strange because people that went to a S7/S7E are already stuck with Samsung/loyal to the brand, it doesn't seem like they would be gaining new customers this way. Maybe that's just my negative outlook talking lol.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Too late for me, already have a Pixel XL on the way. Seems strange because people that went to a S7/S7E are already stuck with Samsung/loyal to the brand, it doesn't seem like they would be gaining new customers this way. Maybe that's just my negative outlook talking lol.

But the PiXEL is not water resistant at all because Google ran out of time to waterproof it.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't say stuck with them, for me I really like Samsung Pay and have several other Samsung products and the Note 7 was the first time I had an issue with any of their products... although both of my Note 7's functioned perfectly. Stuff happens and I understand that so I'm not willing to jump ship from them; now if issues continue with future phones then I will probably check out other brands. I don't think they are trying to gain new customers, they are more or less trying to stop the bleeding of customers turning to other manufacturers. Also we will have to wait and see if this "compensation program" does see the light of day in about 6 months from now.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
But the PiXEL is not water resistant at all because Google ran out of time to waterproof it.
The Note 7 was the first water resistant phone I've had. I managed to not drown my previous phones so I think I'll survive. I'll admit it is nice to have when you do not care what happens to the phone. Now that my Note could be in pieces and I still get my money back/new phone, I haven't been worry about what happens to it. It's nice to be able to rinse it in the sink or take it in the shower.

I wouldn't say stuck with them, for me I really like Samsung Pay and have several other Samsung products and the Note 7 was the first time I had an issue with any of their products... although both of my Note 7's functioned perfectly. Stuff happens and I understand that so I'm not willing to jump ship from them; now if issues continue with future phones then I will probably check out other brands. I don't think they are trying to gain new customers, they are more or less trying to stop the bleeding of customers turning to other manufacturers. Also we will have to wait and see if this "compensation program" does see the light of day in about 6 months from now.
My gripe was getting a 7 month old phone at pretty much full price and being stuck with it for two years unless I paid it off early. I messed around with the S7E in store and just wasn't a fan of the more defined edges and couldn't go back to a smaller screen on the S7, so the Pixel XL was the best choice.