Samsung 23 Plus a good choice?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got my S23 Plus yesterday from T-Mobile and I'm coming from the S22 Ultra. Just want to know if this was a wise choice over the Ultra? I understand it's a personal choice but I have 20 days to decide and return if necessary. I'm used to the larger screen and it might take time to adjust to a slightly smaller screen. When I compare my S22U to the Plus it seems the screen on the Ultra more smooth, buttery smooth over the Plus. Thought?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
It's what you like but the Ultra to me for camera's, battery life and just better phone .
Put it through the paces before return time is up and see if you still want it .
Maybe it's because I'm used to the Ultras over the others. Unless it's me it seems the 22U has a smoother glass back compared the 23 which is more of a matte finish and maybe thats why it feels better to hold than the 23 Plus, I'm talking about with no case on .

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm used to the Ultras over the others. Unless it's me it seems the 22U has a smoother glass back compared the 23 which is more of a matte finish and maybe thats why it feels better to hold than the 23 Plus, I'm talking about with no case on .
Can't say I never used Samsung regular Series it was always their top of the line.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I used the S22 plus for about 6 months last year. Apart from the shutter lag and poor battery life, it was a good phone. I traded it in for the Pixel 7 pro though because the shutter lag was annoying. Last year's processor wasn't the greatest. But I loved the size of the plus. I don't think I could downgrade to a plus or another phone that doesn't have a camera with macro mode. It's a shame you have to buy the top of the line phones to get that feature.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried the S23 plus. I was using the S23 Ultra. I resold the plus because I was just so used to the better quality screen. Other than that, it was a good phone.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I used the S22 plus for about 6 months last year. Apart from the shutter lag and poor battery life, it was a good phone. I traded it in for the Pixel 7 pro though because the shutter lag was annoying. Last year's processor wasn't the greatest. But I loved the size of the plus. I don't think I could downgrade to a plus or another phone that doesn't have a camera with macro mode. It's a shame you have to buy the top of the line phones to get that feature.
Can't agree more. I like having the best so I am forced to get the bigger phones but I actually prefer a smaller form factor. Wish they would make the smaller phones a bit thicker yet have better battery life and the same cameras and features as the bigger ones.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Can't agree more. I like having the best so I am forced to get the bigger phones but I actually prefer a smaller form factor. Wish they would make the smaller phones a bit thicker yet have better battery life and the same cameras and features as the bigger ones.
This is what makes me almost consider switching to an iPhone pro. Honestly though the notch and dynamic island is too distracting for me when watching videos. And iOS is so locked down and restricting.

The S22+ just didn't perform as well as the ultra last year even though it has the same soc. I know there's no perfect phone or os. But I do love the android experience on a Pixel a little better than on Samsung. I just wish the hardware was a bit more reliable and on the same plane as Samsung.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
And if it helps your decision. On the Samsung members app they have another sale going on. Even better trade-ins than they did at launch. Giving $650 for fold 3 and two hundred dollars off. A 256 gb would cost around $350. I am tempted myself but just got my inner screen fixed.

Wonder if they aren't selling as well as they thought because preorder trade-ins and deals were not this good.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
This is what makes me almost consider switching to an iPhone pro. Honestly though the notch and dynamic island is too distracting for me when watching videos. And iOS is so locked down and restricting.

The S22+ just didn't perform as well as the ultra last year even though it has the same soc. I know there's no perfect phone or os. But I do love the android experience on a Pixel a little better than on Samsung. I just wish the hardware was a bit more reliable and on the same plane as Samsung.
I went the iPhone route but couldn't wait to get back to Android. The biggest deal breaker with me for iOS is how you manage your pics/files. When you copy all your pictures, iOS would ignore the folder hierarchy on your computer and just dump all the pics in one folder called IMPORTED or CAMERA ROLL. Good luck finding a specific pic which you know you have organized for example under the folder Pics\Personal\Workout\03-JAN

You can still create albums but those are not real albums, they are just library links and doing it on a phone is a pain in the butt. Most people have no issues with this but I am very organized when it comes to my pics/videos and I like being able to find a specific pic/video quickly to share it when I need to.

You know who started this thin phone BS and the obsession to have thin phones with crappy battery life? It was the iPhone. I remember back when BlackBerry and Nokia were there then the iPhone 3 and 4 came out people were so excited to have a thin phone! Just why?! What kind of wimpy humans have we become that we cannot afford to carry another 50-100 grams of a phone? Seriously this ticks me off man! I miss my BlackBerry Bold 9700 with 3 day battery life and a decent camera (for its time)

Oh and now they just keep getting bigger and thinner and have freakin' notches and islands and curved displays which make it a bain in the butt to install screen protectors

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I went the iPhone route but couldn't wait to get back to Android. The biggest deal breaker with me for iOS is how you manage your pics/files. When you copy all your pictures, iOS would ignore the folder hierarchy on your computer and just dump all the pics in one folder called IMPORTED or CAMERA ROLL. Good luck finding a specific pic which you know you have organized for example under the folder Pics\Personal\Workout\03-JAN

You can still create albums but those are not real albums, they are just library links and doing it on a phone is a pain in the butt. Most people have no issues with this but I am very organized when it comes to my pics/videos and I like being able to find a specific pic/video quickly to share it when I need to.

You know who started this thin phone BS and the obsession to have thin phones with crappy battery life? It was the iPhone. I remember back when BlackBerry and Nokia were there then the iPhone 3 and 4 came out people were so excited to have a thin phone! Just why?! What kind of wimpy humans have we become that we cannot afford to carry another 50-100 grams of a phone? Seriously this ticks me off man! I miss my BlackBerry Bold 9700 with 3 day battery life and a decent camera (for its time)

Oh and now they just keep getting bigger and thinner and have freakin' notches and islands and curved displays which make it a bain in the butt to install screen protectors
Somehow I keep thinking that my experience will be different this time switching to iOS but each time I've tried it, it doesn't take long before I want to return to Android. But then something on Android will frustrate me and the cycle continues. But overall, I enjoy Android a lot more.

Reactions: Super Spartan

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I love mine. It's just large enough to hold easily and is easy on my eyes . I had a 22U and just couldn't handle the larger size. Also, thought I would use the stylus on the 22U and hardly ever did. I made a good choice for me.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't say if you should choose the S23 Plus over the S23 Ultra, but you can't go wrong with the S23 Plus.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

Don't forget about the Nokia , that would probably last a week between charges.

Reactions: Super Spartan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay