samsung account 2 step verification

mick mcmullen

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
hi all

recently rooted my samsung s20+ with no issues except my samsung account.

The number i used to set up 2 step verification i no longer have access to. So i followed the instructions i got sent from Samsung to change the number. You have to input your details including the EMEI number and serial number of any device you have used on the account. i have tried 3 devices that i still have and have used on the account for over 6 years.....no luck. nothing is recognised. i have asked samsung 3 times now for a fix but i am stuck in an email support loop where they keep sending me back to the first fix which doesn't work. to compound things i am currently in Turkey, so cannot call samsung support directly. I cant access any of the samsung forums as i have to sign into my account first (which obviously i can.t ) i cannot even use the live chat option on the samsung site as you have to log into your samsung account ! any help would be appreciated .....muchly!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

I know once you root and trip knox , you won't be able to ever use samsung pay, samsung health, samsung pass not sure for account 2 step authentication though.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid there really isn't much help we can provide with this issue as it is not the device or a system issue. This appears to be an account issue that must be cleared up with Samsung.

I don't use 2-Step with my Samsung account but I have and do use it with other accounts. Typically there's an alternative method for verification. With Google you can use Authenticator, receive a text or voice call on a device or receive a one time use code via email. Samsung doesn't offer any of these alternatives? It would seem that the email option would be viable as you only mention that you don't have access to that phone number. Have you tried from a non-mobile device like a PC or laptop? I don't know how it would handle attempts from the mobile browser but attempts from a PC or laptop should contain an option for something other than the phone number. At least I would think. Obviously once you've accessed your account you would correct your information.

I wouldn't think that rooting your device would trigger an account termination but if I were trying to imagine why none of the information provided worked account termination or suspension come to mind. I know you say it isn't possible under the circumstances but a phone call would likely be better so you may have to wait until you are in a position to call them if my browser idea doesn't pan out.

Wish there was more to tell you...

mick mcmullen

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
I'm afraid there really isn't much help we can provide with this issue as it is not the device or a system issue. This appears to be an account issue that must be cleared up with Samsung.

I don't use 2-Step with my Samsung account but I have and do use it with other accounts. Typically there's an alternative method for verification. With Google you can use Authenticator, receive a text or voice call on a device or receive a one time use code via email. Samsung doesn't offer any of these alternatives? It would seem that the email option would be viable as you only mention that you don't have access to that phone number. Have you tried from a non-mobile device like a PC or laptop? I don't know how it would handle attempts from the mobile browser but attempts from a PC or laptop should contain an option for something other than the phone number. At least I would think. Obviously once you've accessed your account you would correct your information.

I wouldn't think that rooting your device would trigger an account termination but if I were trying to imagine why none of the information provided worked account termination or suspension come to mind. I know you say it isn't possible under the circumstances but a phone call would likely be better so you may have to wait until you are in a position to call them if my browser idea doesn't pan out.

Wish there was more to tell you...

Many thanks...yes ive tried from my laptop too. there was an option to use a verification code originally sent via email when 2 step was initiated but that has long since seen the trash bin. i think human is needed! but again thanks for your advice!