Samsung camera night mode coming

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Bright Night may not be as good as Night Sight but it should certainly give a low-light boost to the already good Samsung dual aperture cameras. Shame it my old S7 Edge won’t receive it or OneUI, but it still takes decent low light pics.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Bright Night may not be as good as Night Sight but it should certainly give a low-light boost to the already good Samsung dual aperture cameras. Shame it my old S7 Edge won’t receive it or OneUI, but it still takes decent low light pics.

Samsung had the best low light camera until pixel night shot and Huawei p20/p30, but still very good

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I agree. The thing I find ironic about Huawei is that (in my experience with their phones) their weakest photography aspect is daylight photography...their photos just look bland and plain compared to the colourful, yet still realistic photos you get from a Samsung or iPhone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree. The thing I find ironic about Huawei is that (in my experience with their phones) their weakest photography aspect is daylight photography...their photos just look bland and plain compared to the colourful, yet still realistic photos you get from a Samsung or iPhone.

That's what I hear also , strange they don't good in daylight picture vs the rivals.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just don't get why we aren't getting it in the US whereas Samsung is rolling it out in other countries.

And I don't buy the argument that the carriers have to test it. They don't need to test camera mode update like they do the security and major updates. A camera update isn't going to break the phone's network connection.

I wish we could just side load it, or Samsung should just push it through as a separate update from their own app store.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I just don't get why we aren't getting it in the US whereas Samsung is rolling it out in other countries.

And I don't buy the argument that the carriers have to test it. They don't need to test camera mode update like they do the security and major updates. A camera update isn't going to break the phone's network connection.

I wish we could just side load it, or Samsung should just push it through as a separate update from their own app store.
Just a thought as to why USA hasn't got it or wont be getting it. Has it got anything to do with the camera sensors perhaps? I'm not sure about the s10 series, but in the past exynos models had a different camera sensors to USA devices.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought as to why USA hasn't got it or wont be getting it. Has it got anything to do with the camera sensors perhaps? I'm not sure about the s10 series, but in the past exynos models had a different camera sensors to USA devices.

Ya know that makes perfect sense, and I didn't take that into consideration.

Might have something to do with something being different on the Exynos version.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ya know that makes perfect sense, and I didn't take that into consideration.

Might have something to do with something being different on the Exynos version.

That's reason they test so dont crash and work properly not that it will break network or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332