Samsung.com Pre-orders/Shipping Thread

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Or wait until someone says their card got charged (will happen the upcoming weekend) and then people will freak out why theirs hasn't charged. Same when someone reports they got FedEx tracking via FedEx delivery manager and then newbies are going to go start signing up for FedEx delivery manager or UPS choice.
And then people will start tracking FedEx/UPS flights. Finally comes looking for FedEx or UPS delivery trucks on delivery day.

It's only going to get more crazy over here

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Or wait until someone says their card got charged (will happen the upcoming weekend) and then people will freak out why theirs hasn't charged. Same when someone reports they got FedEx tracking via FedEx delivery manager and then newbies are going to go start signing up for FedEx delivery manager or UPS choice.
And then people will start tracking FedEx/UPS flights. Finally comes looking for FedEx or UPS delivery trucks on delivery day.

And then once they get the phone that they went crazy over, they'll be a million and 1 threads about how much they hate the phone and how much they hate Samsung for taking away features that they've been using since 1901 although they knew ahead of time before buying the phone that the feature was gone. Never ending cycle. Lmao

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes to all of that! I crack up at the pre-order threads every 6 months. I look forward to new Samsung releases. It's my first time doing it, but I am VERY familiar with the shenanigans. A high (or low?) was reached that year someone started tracking flights. I wanna say that was N7. I swear I was up at 1am belly laughing. 🤣

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You guys are all making me nervous about the aura glow. I was originally going to go with the aura white but the hubby said I always get white and that I'm too boring. Lol. Fingers crossed I like the aura glow. I don't think it will be as flashy as it has been showing up in videos and what not.
It's not bad, just not my thing. If you go caseless you might want to wipe it down because prints show up easier. I usually go clear with a tempered glass case.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not bad, just not my thing. If you go caseless you might want to wipe it down because prints show up easier. I usually go clear with a tempered glass case.
Ok, I picked up the ESR Mimic and the Skinomi full coverage (back and front) skin off of Amazon.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes to all of that! I crack up at the pre-order threads every 6 months. I look forward to new Samsung releases. It's my first time doing it, but I am VERY familiar with the shenanigans. A high (or low?) was reached that year someone started tracking flights. I wanna say that was N7. I swear I was up at 1am belly laughing. ������

The Note 7 preorder was nuts!!!!! And only got worse from there during the recalls. It definitely reached iPhone levels of madness. That's where I learned all about tracking flights and such.
@sweetypie31 Features since 1901 had me cracking up.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
And then once they get the phone that they went crazy over, they'll be a million and 1 threads about how much they hate the phone and how much they hate Samsung for taking away features that they've been using since 1901 although they knew ahead of time before buying the phone that the feature was gone. Never ending cycle. Lmao
So true, and so funny. I need to quit reading this thread. I feel as if I am being pulled into upgrading my note 9... Argh don't want to fall off the wagon again! I told myself I wouldn't do this! Samsung and their $600 deal!!!

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't different banks have different holding times on Pending transactions ?
Mine has cleared pending today and posted.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes to all of that! I crack up at the pre-order threads every 6 months. I look forward to new Samsung releases. It's my first time doing it, but I am VERY familiar with the shenanigans. A high (or low?) was reached that year someone started tracking flights. I wanna say that was N7. I swear I was up at 1am belly laughing.
It was the note 7. I was part of that mess twice!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Usually the pending drops off and then nothing till they charge right before shipping.

My pending is gone, but that amount has been subtracted from my available credit. I remember another poster mentioning this as routine. I guess we're in Phase 1. Is Phase 2 no more cancel button?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes to all of that! I crack up at the pre-order threads every 6 months. I look forward to new Samsung releases. It's my first time doing it, but I am VERY familiar with the shenanigans. A high (or low?) was reached that year someone started tracking flights. I wanna say that was N7. I swear I was up at 1am belly laughing. ??????

I can only handle this once a year. I think you're right - the N7 was really also the start of most of the madness. It was when they skipped over the "6" number and added the microSD card back in. The fiascos and all that ensued.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is a good explanation for example from Target about how pre-order and authorization stuff.

When you place a pre-order, Target will send an authorization hold request to your card issuer. The authorization hold is not an actual charge and will eventually expire and drop off the account based upon the time frame set by your card-issuing bank. If the authorization hold expires before the item’s release date or before the order is ready to be shipped, the authorization will automatically renew. If any attempt to renew the authorization fails, the order will automatically be cancelled. You won’t be charged for your order until it ships.

Visit the following link to learn more about authorization holds.
http://help.target.com/help/targetg...+an+authorization+hold?&sfdcIFrameOrigin=null

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank