Samsung Email app won't work with Yahoo account?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I contacted Samsung and they basically said it was Yahoo's issue and to contact them.
Same thing starting today for me. I can sign into Aol, but not into Yahoo. Well, actually it IS working, because everytime I go to sign into my yahoo account, I get a notification on my web browser that my account was just signed into, using the Samsung mail app. I tried 10 times, and all 10 times, my email (on the web browser) shows that my account was just signed into. However, every time, my samsung mail app says "unable to validate account" and takes me back to the sign in step, and does not add the yahoo email to the list of available email accounts.
This seems to be issue only on Samsung email app, as browser and yahoo app no issues

thegptgirl

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Same thing starting today for me. I can sign into Aol, but not into Yahoo. Well, actually it IS working, because everytime I go to sign into my yahoo account, I get a notification on my web browser that my account was just signed into, using the Samsung mail app. I tried 10 times, and all 10 times, my email (on the web browser) shows that my account was just signed into. However, every time, my samsung mail app says "unable to validate account" and takes me back to the sign in step, and does not add the yahoo email to the list of available email accounts.

Exactly. I receive the same notification that I've signed into my account through the Email app. I can sign into Google, but none of my Yahoo email addresses will go through.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happening on my LG phone after I had to reset the password. I use the "generate password for third party app" function and no matter what I do it won't work in BlueMail or Outlook for Android. The only way I can get my yahoo mail on my phone is to use the yahoo app. NOT happy.

elisheva60

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
SAME problem with yahoo mail and samsung app! Started Feb 10. Did not reset my phone. I did nothing. Just will not synch after Feb 10. And keeps asking me to verify my identify by signing in again. Then when I do, it says unable to validate. This happens on multiple yahoo mail accounts through Samsung app. Gmail still works and yahoo mail works on my desktop browser. Of course if you contact Samsung, they say it's yahoo. And you can not contact yahoo. Btw, I've changed NOTHING.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
SAME problem with yahoo mail and samsung app! Started Feb 10. Did not reset my phone. I did nothing. Just will not synch after Feb 10. And keeps asking me to verify my identify by signing in again. Then when I do, it says unable to validate. This happens on multiple yahoo mail accounts through Samsung app. Gmail still works and yahoo mail works on my desktop browser. Of course if you contact Samsung, they say it's yahoo. And you can not contact yahoo. Btw, I've changed NOTHING.

Just download the AOL or Yahoo proprietary email app, depending on email domain, from the Google Play Store and call it a day. Most recently, AOL/Yahoo email doesn't play nicely with various 3rd party email clients.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

As I mentioned in the other thread you posted in, are you certain you're using the Yahoo app password correctly? https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...dding-my-yahoo-email-account.html#post6924940

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No problem on my Samsung email app with hotmail, try going into settings>accounts>add account >choose exchange and see if it helps Screenshot_20210220-185731_Settings.jpg

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I had no problems with setting up yahoo in samsungs email app

1. Sign in and go to your Yahoo Account security page.
2. Click Generate app password
3, Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate. Just use android email for Samsung
4. Follow the instructions below the password.
Click Done.

get the app password before trying to setup yahoo in samsungs app otherwise. the app password will not timeout but the verification in the samsungs app could time out and you will have to start over.

elisheva60

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an old hotmail account I don't use. Just checked -- no problem. Already stated no problem with Gmail. It's only YAHOO mail on Samsung app!

elisheva60

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had no problems with setting up yahoo in samsungs email app

1. Sign in and go to your Yahoo Account security page.
2. Click Generate app password
3, Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate. Just use android email for Samsung
4. Follow the instructions below the password.
Click Done.

get the app password before trying to setup yahoo in samsungs app otherwise. the app password will not timeout but the verification in the samsungs app could time out and you will have to start over.

I have a few yahoo accounts set up years ago. No problem until recently. I'm not the only one either.

elisheva60

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As I mentioned in the other thread you posted in, are you certain you're using the Yahoo app password correctly? https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...dding-my-yahoo-email-account.html#post6924940

I'm really not following you. Nothing about changing passwords or setting up accounts. These are yahoo mail accounts set up years ago. It recently started putting me in a loop. It asks for my password and then says it can't validate. I haven't changed my passwords. Nor do I care to. And it's not asking me to. No problems with gmail or hotmail. Only yahoo mail.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not following you. Nothing about changing passwords or setting up accounts. These are yahoo mail accounts set up years ago. It recently started putting me in a loop. It asks for my password and then says it can't validate. I haven't changed my passwords. Nor do I care to. And it's not asking me to. No problems with gmail or hotmail. Only yahoo mail.

Yahoo recently made security updates requiring you to use app passwords (as opposed to your own user-created password) when connecting to your Yahoo Mail account through a 3rd party email client. I'll post the link here as well: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/access-yahoo-mail-third-party-apps-sln15241.html. It doesn't matter what your own password is -- if you want to use an email client, you probably have to use an app password that's generated by Yahoo.

elisheva60

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I circled where I'm talking aboutView attachment 332109

I've had the same settings for years. That's not it. I set my sync period for 2 weeks. I have 3 yahoo accounts. Interestingly I was able to sync one of them. The remaining two have the same problems. One stopped on Feb 10. The other on Feb 15. Again, I'm not the only one with the problem according to what I'm seeing. I'm simply giving up for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yan