Samsung freebies, which did you choose and how did you submit it?

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
We got two phones on the promo, but I also just got one email saying one gift is approved. I don't know what's happened with the other one. I submitted this 9/17, and have a notification that the 360 camera is shipping out 10/30. Nothing about the other gift though...

Yeah I ended up having to check the status on the actual website and it showed me the status for both there

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine's still stuck on Review in Progress even though it has been approved. No ETA for delivery. :( I was one of the first to submit it too.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Through Samsung Shop App this pas weekend. for me it was the easiest and smoothest process i've had to go through for something like this. And showed approve in about 24 hours. Chose the charger and SD.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the 256gb card from the note 7 promo so I went with the gear 360. I have a gopro and really try to capture memories as much as possible so I'm hoping to be able to do some cool things with it.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email with 1 of my promotions shipping soon. Still waiting on shipping on the other one.

Your gift will be shipped to the address provided approximately the week of 2017-9-25. We will notify you when your gift has shipped.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
No ship date. Just an estimated ship time frame. Now it's saying 6-8 weeks.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170919/c3ef38af40fe1e284909363f3a1d1cfc.jpg
What. The. Heck? Lol. I'm still under review. Wonder if the fact that I chose the camera has anything to do with it. I'll give them until Friday. That will be the 1 week mark. If I still haven't seen an update, I'll give them a call.

7b2149797e027c32d162a8ea2e057d10.jpg

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Chose the wireless fast charger/memory card, claimed the day I got my N8 (Sept 5th) and I might get it before the second coming...

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
What. The. Heck? Lol. I'm still under review. Wonder if the fact that I chose the camera has anything to do with it. I'll give them until Friday. That will be the 1 week mark. If I still haven't seen an update, I'll give them a call.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170920/7b2149797e027c32d162a8ea2e057d10.jpg
It won't take long but got have to give them some time to process it. You submitted on the 15th and that was only 4 days ago. I read somewhere that the Note 8 had outbreak a half a million preorder and they are getting to get them out as fast as they can produce them so they are probably on back order so give them some time. On previous freebies with Samsung it took a long as 8 weeks to receive them. I got lucky and got mine last week, I couldn't believe I got it that quick. I got the camera and wish I had gotten the charger, I am having a hard time learning how to use the camera!
She exact scenario for me.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
It won't take long but got have to give them some time to process it. You submitted on the 15th and that was only 4 days ago. I read somewhere that the Note 8 had outbreak a half a million preorder and they are getting to get them out as fast as they can produce them so they are probably on back order so give them some time. On previous freebies with Samsung it took a long as 8 weeks to receive them. I got lucky and got mine last week, I couldn't believe I got it that quick. I got the camera and wish I had gotten the charger, I am having a hard time learning how to use the camera!
I'm not buggin or anything, but seeing quite a few people posting that they submitted after I did and are already getting confirmation seems odd. One dude like 2 pages ago got shipping info within 6 hours of submitting his receipt. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to the approval process, which can be annoying.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not buggin or anything, but seeing quite a few people posting that they submitted after I did and are already getting confirmation seems odd. One dude like 2 pages ago got shipping info within 6 hours of submitting his receipt. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to the approval process, which can be annoying.

Yeah... They must have the same rhyme and reason as they did for fulfilling preorders.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Click the link that came in your approval email instead of checking the app. When I check via the app it says under review. When I click the link on my email it gives me a ship date.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Click the link that came in your approval email instead of checking the app. When I check via the app it says under review. When I click the link on my email it gives me a ship date.

Mine just says processing. They originally said shipping by 9/25. Seems like the people who opted for the camera got them faster than those of us who went with the charger and sd card. But maybe not.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That's about right. There seems to be a lot less people getting the camera based on everything I have seen. The wait is longer for us with the sd cards.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Submitted my first Note 8 on 9/9/17 and got approved in an hour and they emailed me a shipping date of 10/9/17 for the wireless charger and sd card. 2nd Note 8 was submitted on 9/13/17 and after an hour again shop samsung app said it was approved but then at the bottom it said review in process. I just got the email last night and confirmation of the approval and got got a ship date of 9/25/17 for the 360 camera.

I guess they are on backorder for the wireless chargers and 128GB sd cards. I'm more excited to try the 360 camera.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I did it through the Samsung Shop app. Just got my phone in the mail yesterday. Picked the charger and memory card even though I already have a 256gb memory card, the 128gb I'll probably give to my mom for her S8+

I've been approved within 5 minutes of sending proof of purchase and says it'll ship between 6-8 weeks

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I never got an email from them when I submitted for the promotion, which I thought was odd.

It's all moot now anyway because I woke up this morning and had an email from them saying it'll ship Sep 25. Also had a notification from the Shop app saying the same thing, but when I opened the app it says shipping in 6-8 weeks. Meh, whatever. I'm going to assume the email is more accurate/up to date than the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell