Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) wont charge...

Max_Chappelli

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
when i plug my Note 10.1 (2014) in to charge it, the battery icon (with the lightning bolt) is displayed but nothing else happens???
after about 5 mins, the screen starts flickering, and still nothing happens.
has anyone got any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this???
i know its an old tablet but i really only use it for navigation in a 4X4 and really don't need the expense of replacing it.

Regs Wayne

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Max_Chappelli

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Thx B Diddy i will let it sit on charge overnight and report the progress (if any) tomorrow.

Hey mustang7757, i know its old but as for your concerns..
1/ it doesnt ever connect to the internet so security is not really an issue
2/ it has run this version for years with out issue and is only used for navigation
3/ the app i use has already reached End of Live but continues to work unencumbered
it seems to thrive on neglect and a dusty environ (with covers) and these would all add to the expense of its replacement

BDiddy, i thought i was logged in when i posted this but clearly not :( can i link this thread to my login???

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thx B Diddy i will let it sit on charge overnight and report the progress (if any) tomorrow.

Hey mustang7757, i know its old but as for your concerns..
1/ it doesnt ever connect to the internet so security is not really an issue
2/ it has run this version for years with out issue and is only used for navigation
3/ the app i use has already reached End of Live but continues to work unencumbered
it seems to thrive on neglect and a dusty environ (with covers) and these would all add to the expense of its replacement

BDiddy, i thought i was logged in when i posted this but clearly not :( can i link this thread to my login???
Make sure your charger port clean of debris if so try factory reset

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, I really thought my retired note 5 no longer worked; no charge after a day on charger & would not turn on. I left it on the charger for a week and lo & behold when I finally decided to give up to recycle it, I went to unplug it and it showed 100% charge and it turned on.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
@Max_Chapelli, if you wish to keep using it, we know the charging port seems to be working, you can replace the battery fairly easily, I did this with one of my old Galaxy Tab3s years ago and used it 'til it finally just had nothing that really worked any longer. It is an option, and isn't terribly hard to do.

https://youtu.be/p2A-G8VyF8k

Max_Chappelli

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks BergerKing, and all others that have replied...
a battery seems to be the next (only) option i have left to try.
i have (tried) cleaned the port and nothing came out, so i have just ordered a replacement battery.

i will update this thread with the outcome, once i have fitted it.