Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

That is a very narrow way to look at the possibilities. There are often spur-of-the-moment "Kodak Moments" (I hope you guys are old enough to know what that term means) that you can't plan for--they just happen, and you can only hope you are fast enough to whip out your phone and snap photos of those precious moments. What if in your dim living room your baby suddenly takes his/her first steps, and you can't risk running to the other side of the room to turn on more lights, and the ambient lighting is just perfect, casting a soft glow of amber rim-light on your baby, and blasting the flash would totally wash out that beautiful ambiance and ruin the shot?

I take spur-of-the-moment candid shots like that all the time with any camera that is near me, and more often than not, it's going to be my phone. I can't always have my 5D Mark III slung across my shoulder, just waiting for Kodak Moments to happen. Some of my most treasured photos were taken in very dark situations, with the iPhone 4, because that's the only camera I had near me.

One can argue that saying "The camera sucks" because it doesn't perform to a certain expectation in low light situations is a narrow way of looking at things as well. I still think he needs to take some real world pics to better assess the camera. Taking a picture of a stool in a dark room, that's not exactly a good assessment of the camera. As the post above mentions, if all your shots are in low light situations, then all I can say is maybe you need to focus on your life of crime, moleman.....

Mole_Man_01.png

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

It is pretty clear. Zombies are coming fool. Ha ha lmao. All that a side the wartiest thread ever and one can walk away knowing the note 3 camera is a great deal better than the note 2 as the colors of that are hideous as evidenced by the hilarious red pics ha ha. Go forth black light warrior.......keep them chappy crappy table pics coming. Gawd I love this little thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Your posts indicate a dark heart...If I were your cardiologist, I would not use my Note 3 to take pics of your heart, since everyone knows that it has trouble with dark subjects!!! :p

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Your posts indicate a dark heart...If I were your cardiologist, I would not use my Note 3 to take pics of your heart, since everyone knows that it has trouble with dark subjects!!! :p

I can't help but heart this. But a black heart is a black heart. Beside.....we all can see two five star threads evidenced by by by by sig. Make up your own mind and win. We all did!

Added two by by for fun.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I took another pic in low light. This is Wesley Snipes at midnight, in a dark bomb shelter converted into an "advanced interrogation" game room at **** Cheney's estate....Yeah this camera sucks.....

88025d1382319049t-does-anyone-else-think-camera-sucks-black.png

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I took another pic in low light. This is Wesley Snipes at midnight, in a dark bomb shelter converted into an "advanced interrogation" game room at **** Cheney's estate....Yeah this camera sucks.....

View attachment 88049

Stop. You made a point.
He he

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I have yet to unleash my note 2 vs note 3 pics. Let's just say the note 2 is not the note 3.

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Flash has destroyed far too many photos by completely killing the mood of the scene with flat, washed out lighting. I would much rather post-process a dark photo and accept the noise/lack of detail than to blast the flash and make the scene look nothing like the one that made me want to take a photo of it in the first place.

Use a flash. You will be fine.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I don't know that I've ever seen a flash pic that looks good.

For some people, mediocrity is good enough.

sent from my Note 3

I love flash from my prosumer DSLR when its bounced off the ceiling...but I know precisely what you meant.1382339238127.jpg

from my Galaxy Mega

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

While certainly not irrelevant to me the camera is just not that important either. It captures shots that ard just fine...for me.

from my Galaxy Mega

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

The flash on the Note 3 is actually pretty good. It's not as bright as the one on my SGS3 but the colour is a lot more natural... so you don't end up with the blue washed out hue that you usually get with LED flashes.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Here is a photo of food.. Yes the food was bad at Dave and busters but.. Photo quality is fine with flash.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1382360964960.jpg
    1382360964960.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Here is a photo of food.. Yes the food was bad at save and busters but.. Photo quality is fine with flash.

It's funny but I would probably know where that food is from just by looking at the noodles and the plate. Save and Busters.... Funny.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's funny but I would probably know where that food is from just by looking at the noodles and the plate. Save and Busters.... Funny.

Oops typo lol. Fixed it :p.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Flash has destroyed far too many photos by completely killing the mood of the scene with flat, washed out lighting. I would much rather post-process a dark photo and accept the noise/lack of detail than to blast the flash and make the scene look nothing like the one that made me want to take a photo of it in the first place.

I get it. But I don't understand the philosophy of expecting perfect photos in the dark. Especially from a phone. That kind of thinking isn't firing on all 8 cylinders.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I get it. But I don't understand the philosophy of expecting perfect photos in the dark. Especially from a phone. That kind of thinking isn't firing on all 8 cylinders.
Perhaps the next big thing for camera phones is...Night Vision!

whitezee10

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi can you screenshot what you are saying in the post processing? Seems i cant find it in the edit mode. Thanks!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Hi can you screenshot what you are saying in the post processing? Seems i cant find it in the edit mode. Thanks!

There actually isn't one. The software on the note 3 is newer than the note 2 so you don't actually need that setting on the note 3. You can increase the exposure to bring in more light for low light.

Last edited:

whitezee10

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

There actually isn't one. The software one the note 3 is newer than the note 2 so you don't actually need that setting on the note 3. You can increase the exposure though.

Ah yes im sorry i just analyzed what you said literally. Thanks!

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

My whole argument (sarcastically presented btw :D ) is why insist that the camera is complete garbage because of 1 scenario that doesn't even seem to be a normal scenario? About the only "low light" scenario I can imagine it being an issue is when you're at a bar with some friends, but I don't know what other low light (low enough to compare to the pictures shot by the posters that are convinced it is evidence enough of the camera's performance) conditions would be encountered that are enough to tank the Note 3 as a completely useless camera device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike