Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Rumors:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The rumor mill has revealed the features that will arrive on the Galaxy Note 6.

Samsung Galaxy Note 6 is expected to come with several new features. Here are the top 7 new features:

• Larger Display With 3D Touch
    Samsung will do away with Diamond Pixels screen to employ a slim RGB matrix AMOLED screen that was last seen on Galaxy S II. It will carry support for Quad HD resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. Speculations also indicate that it will be a pressure-sensitive screen that offers 3D Touch-like feature present on the iPhone 6S, Mobi Picker reported.
  • 6 GB of RAM
    Samsung will raise the competition bar by including a whopping 6 GB of RAM. None of the major smartphone companies have launched a smartphone with such amount of RAM. The Note 6 will be launched in two CPU editions, one featuring a Exynos 8890 chipset and the other one powered by Snapdragon 820 chip.
  • Storage
    The Galaxy Note 6 is expected to be available in three internal storage options of 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB. The South Korean tech giant will incorporate the recently unveiled the 256 GB UFS 2.0 storage that can deliver reading and writing speeds of 850 MB/s and 260 MB/s, respectively.
  • MicroSD Slot
    The Note 6 would also feature a hybrid SIM slot that will carry support for up to 2 TB of microSD.
  • Camera
    12-megapixel camera that is available on the Galaxy Note 6. Rumors suggest that it will be coupled with “Super OIS Plus” feature that will include a 5-axis OIS system. It will be able to shoot stunning photos in dim lighting conditions.
  • Battery
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 6 will be a powerhouse phablet. Hence, it is rumored to arrive with around 3500 to 4000 mAh battery.
  • Phablet Dock
    Samsung may introduce a phablet dock feature for the Note 6. It will allow users to fit the Note 6 into the dock present on a laptop like device. The high-end processor, 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB UFS 2.0 storage would power the laptop. The screen of the device will function as a touchpad. When the Note 6 will be connected to the dock, the laptop will run on Windows 10.

Scheduled Release Date August 2016!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
As a 75 year old, I always want TIME TO MOVE AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE!

However, in this situation, AUGUST can't get her fast enough for me!

To get my hands on a 128 Note 6, with big sd support, monstrous battery, this old man might have to be admitted in hospital for having LOCKED GRIN-NITIS!:D

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Docking Station for the Note 6.

497f9de6a618aa73a656c4d51d45c885.jpg

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Of your seven "rumors", the only one that will happen is the MicroSD Slot. All rumors are just bs. They only get your hopes up, and most of the time they don't come through.:p

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If the rumors are true this will be my next phone. GNOTE 5 did not impress me. Stayed with my GNOTE 4. Still running like a champ.

sven1olaf

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait for this lil bad boy! The note 5 was such a limited device that I skipped it all together and held onto my fabulous note 4

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 might not have been much of an upgrade on paper, but I like it a lot more than the Note 4. The camera, form factor, battery life and screen density for starters.
Whatever is included on the Note 6, I will definitely be getting one. I doubt the huge internal storage capacities will happen if they include micro SD support. It makes no sense for Samsung to release 3 different sizes. 6 gb of RAM will only be a marketing ploy and may not offer any real world benefits. Hopefully, they get on board with the quick charge 3.0,especially if they increase the battery size.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Note 5 might not have been much of an upgrade on paper, but I like it a lot more than the Note 4. The camera, form factor, battery life and screen density for starters.
Whatever is included on the Note 6, I will definitely be getting one. I doubt the huge internal storage capacities will happen if they include micro SD support. It makes no sense for Samsung to release 3 different sizes. 6 gb of RAM will only be a marketing ploy and may not offer any real world benefits. Hopefully, they get on board with the quick charge 3.0,especially if they increase the battery size.
I think the 6gb of ram makes more since if they do the docking station into a laptop.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Dag, it would be real cool if it has a removable battery. Last Sunday I got stranded in DC on my bicycle. I had missed the last train to get home. I had been riding, exploring and having a grand time. I went through 1 battery during the day, now here comes this situation where I need to call a lot. 5 hours later after almost a zillion calls to the transit people and family to find a way out, battery running out again. 1 finally made it home 5 hours later, taking buses and several subways.

In the end my Note 4 performed like a champ. I think I changed batteries 3 times, the point is I was never in danger of being stranded with a dead phone. I would have been up the creek if I didn't have removable spare batteries and a phone that has the removable battery option. In the course of that action I inadvertently left one of my spare batteries on a bench. The next day, I ordered 2 more spare batteries. I like to go on those day long excursions on my bicycle and motorcycle and and nothing gives me greater confidence then having three spares with me. I have a portable charger, but is heavy and I would have to plug it up and the WAIT
for it to charge.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Note 6 will be IP68 water resistant, might come with iris scanner!

As the Galaxy Note 6 rumor mill slowly picks up pace, some new interesting features of the device have surfaced. We can exclusively confirm the body will be IP68 certified, just like the Galaxy S7. Also, strong hints have surfaced an iris scanner might be part of the water-resistant package.

We have received information that confirms the Galaxy Note 6 will be as water resistant as the Galaxy S7. The IP68 certified body should then be able to withstand submersion in one and a half meters of water during half an hour. This would make the Note 6 Samsung’s first true water and dust resistant phablet, though the 5.5-inch Galaxy S7 edge also features a similar body.

Furthermore, GalaxyClub has discovered that Samsung has imported an ‘iris cam’ into India for the usual R&D activities. Though details are scarce, the part is explicitly labelled ‘Samsung Mobile’. Of course, the Galaxy Note 6 is not mentioned anywhere, but as the next flagship to be launched, it is the prime candidate to feature an iris scanner.

samsung-galaxy-note-6-iris-cam

Previously, we heard rumors about the Galaxy Note 6 having a 5.8-inch display and possibly even 6GB of RAM. Whether it ships with Android N on board remains to be seen, but it does seem as if the device will mark the return of the Note series to a Galaxy Note 5-deprived Europe.

As usual with information like this, keep in mind the actual launch of the Note 6 is still some time away. Final details could change before Samsung reveals it, whether that happens in June, as some analysts predict, or later in the year following a more traditional schedule.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/04/08...water-resistant-might-come-with-iris-scanner/

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Agreed if it's true, 6.0 is great.. After all the original had a giant 5.2 inch screen, Note going back to its roots, i like it. I really thought the Note 5 would be bumped up to the Nexus 6 size and was disappointed that they kept it at 5.7

44Joan

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm basing my decision of whether or not to buy a new laptop on whether the Note 6 will in fact having a docking station option. This was mentioned in February, but the latest rumors haven't repeated anything about a dock.
I'm new to the rumor game--could someone give me some wild, off-the-cuff, yet well-informed, 99.5% confidence level sort of sense of how much stock to put in the Feb. rumor?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I like about that concept Note 6 is the 6" screen (no 4k though), the slim top/bottom bezels and the black color. Otherwise the rest is a fail, especially the edged screen and glass back (despise it as it's a slippery fingerprint magnet - only use my device naked. But most of all because it means a sealed/embedded battery! :().

Based on the popularity of the S7 Edge, an edge display on Note 6 is a real possibility. Maybe even two versions like the S7? Agreed on the fingerprints, but that's a problem with using glass. Perhaps a special glass or coating to reduce fingerprints? Or better yet offer a white version as it hides fingerprints quite well if that's a concern. Sealed battery is fine, just bump screen resolution down to 1080p and with large embedded battery, battery life won;t be a concern.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Did I read somewhere that the rumor price tag for the Note 6 would be $1200??? I've never owned a Note but my god is this expensive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver