Samsung Galaxy S II updated, Not Ice Cream But really cool looks!

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S II updated, Not Ice Cream But really cool lo

I'm wondering if doing it with wifi on did something. It was like a minute and half that it took to down load. Then 3 min or lezs for it to load then reboot. Maybe I got a corrupted download?
It did go very zmooth but most people day it was a lot longer for the whole procesz. Also when I Swype it takes a couple of seconds for it to appear. I could be on the 3rd word in a sentence before they finally show.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Good news factory reset fixed my Swype problem, I also now have 4 bars and it hits 5 sometimes. My wIfi is back in the greem with Wifi analyzer, but not has high as it was before. Not sure about calls and echos yet.

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Nothing to install on your computer. Open the Kies app it will give you an IP address that you enter in your browser's URL window. Be patient sometimes it takes awhile to pop up. I tried and there wasn't an update for me.

Edit: Got the update today!

Last edited:

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

No echo anymore after another reset. Now didn't I read ICS is suppose to start being sent from yesterday. Not that i'm looking forward to it after the toruble I had.

Last edited:

lethalgorman

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's June 11th, anyone getting ICS from tmobile yet? If so, where are you getting the file?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

We all are patiently waiting to see what's new. I'm a BlackBerry convert to this phone and loving everything about it. Great hardware and I'm rather impressed with the battery life.

I had an HTC Sensation around a year ago and really wanted to like that phone but just sitting idle, it required recharging at noon.

My Galaxy S2 is not only faster and more powerful, but also gets great battery life. Sold my BlackBerry phone on Craigslist so there's no going back now.

:cool:

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Its funny over at the t-mobile forums. There is a thread that was started in March and it is crazy people up all night waiting for ICS . Now i'm getting email updates every couple of minutes, people waiting till 11pm eastern and 8pm western time. I think T-mobile servers are going to blow up if it really means that it is going to let it out then.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

According to T-Mobile this update will only be available on Kies and not OTA. So, fire up you PC, install Kies and connect your phone to your PC to do the update. Given all of us on Android Central or any other Android forum are only a small percent of the Android base. I suspect the servers will handle the load.

Also, 95% of all GSII users will never even know that ICS is available for their phone. Sad but probably true.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Yea I know it gets done over the kies on the computer, but i'm waiting a week or two before I install it. I am in no hurry after the fiasco with the maintenance update. I will see how other peoples phones work.
About the only thing I would like is the face recognition. That's if my face don't break it.
the motion works fine, have NFC, voice recognition works. I use it to post and text or write email.
From what I have been reading it isn't the real ICS, but I could be wrong.
Has long as I don't have echo, get cut off when taking, good wifi and phone reception i'm doing good. If I can stay on 4g instead of edge just because I cross the street where I live, I would be even happier and if the net would give me the same speed on a weekend like I get during the week. Then all would be golden. I don't think ICS are going to fix those problems.
But at least T-mobile didn't hook
up with at&trash because I would have been pissed after I left them for T-mobile.

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

i tried to get this update a few times today on my mac and pc without success. had it connected through kies and downloaded the update (took almost 2 hours... wtf) at about 70% it jumps up incrementally to 100% then auto ejects my phone and gives me an error message.

now my phone is hanging on the "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" screen. not sure if its going to do anything since the same thing happened the first time i tried. any ideas wtf is going on?

ill update if theres any news.

sorry i didnt mention this earlier, i got my phone back up and running that same night. I have to leave it plugged in for a few minutes while my kies tried to restore it. kies is a buggy app. esp on my mac. but i got it to work on my laptop instead.

tried to update to ICS but failed twice last night. will try it again later tonight to see if i can get it to work on my laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali