Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The issue I am seeing is with WiFi after update to 4.3. I have been using the S4 since day one it was released on the same router. Now, with 4.3 update. It kept dropping my WiFi with message "Wifi network is unstable", it kept on dropping and reconnecting, my battery is draining quick. 4.3 update is really bad... I couldn't downgrade from what I heard.

Jim Morrone

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
OMG, about 36 hours after I brought the new device home with 3.4 on it. the same thing happens.. On the phone with Samsung support again.. I am ready to go and swap it out for a LG or Motorola device..

Did not work.. but since I was still in the return period they set me up with a new S4. By the time I got home it was already installing the update. Let's see what happens this time...
stay tuned.

anon5431078

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-11-09-15-39-01.jpg

So i am facing this issue with my phone after using it for atleast 10 - 15 mins or if it heats up a little bit.

Note that i never had this issue with 4.2.2 even though my phone still heated up on it.

solution to this is turning the phone off for about 20 mins in order to cool up and then everything's back to normal.

Anyone facing such issue as well ?!

sho50

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellow S4-ers,

Overall, most everything seems fine with the 4.3 update via AT&T, released a few days ago. No battery issues, no annoying pop-ups, no excessive notifications, no problems with music, etc. The whole system seems faster. Still not able to delete AT&T or Samsung bloatware, but, hey, that's to be expected. At least, the Samsung apps do not require paid subscriptions.

I have had a problem with one Google app: The accompanying Google Mail app has been "updated" for 4.3 - supposedly to be more intuitive, but in fact it is much more cumbersome and illogical. Especially difficult is moving messages to folders, since the folders are not visible when selecting the move function. I have not yet figured out how to use this feature. Also, the color-coded icons make no sense. And, there doesn't seem to be a way to access archived messages. Very poor "update."

Also, there are continuing "bugs" in the built-in Samsung browser's bookmark function. It is still unable to be batch sorted alphabetically - sorting still must be done one-by-one (ridiculous) - but even worse, some of the built-in bookmarks cannot be sorted or moved to folders (some AT&T and Yahoo! shortcuts) and several times the whole system froze while I was manually sorting the list. Samsung, FIX THESE BUGS!

Posted via Android Central App

subram

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have now fixed the contacts crash issue. Go to settings > More > Application manager > All > contacts > Clear data. That's it. Works a treat. Now, when you try to create contact, it will ask you to create a the contacts in Phone, Sim or Samsung account. This means it's sorted and is working as normal

- - - Updated - - -

I have now fixed the contacts crash issue. Go to settings > More > Application manager > All > contacts > Clear data. That's it. Works a treat. Now, when you try to create contact, it will ask you to create a the contacts in Phone, Sim or Samsung account. This means it's sorted and is working as normal

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
An interesting development about this update: AT&T puts Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update on hold - Android Authority. For once we on Verizon got something earlier, and it turns out we were the guinea, umm, beta, umm, early adopters of what proved to be a buggy update for many users. Now Verizon also is leaning on Samsung to fix this: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1021607#1021607. I feel very fortunate to have updated without experiencing all the difficulties that others have. It does seem that, at last, the complaints are being heard. I have to say the whole business gives me questions about Samsung's products. The S4 is a great phone, but clearly they did not do adequate testing on this update.

Modeling2014

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the solution.
I did it with a custom Rom through Odin, when I finished I found my touch wiz workin slowly. I did FACTORY SETTING. Erase all. The every thing is OK.
So Mon fr?re try to reset all settings.

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same. Had to factory reset. Works smooth slick. No more music player turning on all the time..
I'm on Sprint, and had to do the factory reset thru the dial pad. The standard factory reset did not do the job. Think I punch in ##72# but I had my mms number. You must have that number if you go that route. A standard factory reset may do the job for you.
Good luck.

eandcent

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have the exact same problem with the folder staying open. That's how I ended up on this thread. It must be a folder thing because it occurs even if the folder is in the main navigation bar. It's annoying, to say the least. I hope they fix this one soon as it's a constant issue.

JLTEEXO

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
where did the turn on/off data network button go? 'cause cant seem to find it anywhere anymore in the notification panel since the update...

jebeltran

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I recently updated my Galaxy S4 from Sprint about a week ago to 4.3 and I am having issues with my keyboard. I noticed that if i press on the empty spaces of my I keyboard, another letter types. For example the empty space that's between the "L" and the screen. if I press that the letter "b" pops up. Does anybody know a fix for this?

Last edited:

SHOM2DAY

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Reporting bugs: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Videotron Canada) 4.3 firmware update Nov 2013 (719MB). DATA toggle switch has disappeared from dropdown shortcuts list. Now I have to go into Settings>Connections>Data Usage, manually check/uncheck Data option; plus turn off/on Wifi in order for DATA to work. KNOX is a great security feature (Requires additional 170MB), however I dont understand why MoBeam is forcefully integregated without full user acknowledgment given the ***humongous*** list of permissions it requires to perform its simple tasks associated with MoBeam, no option to uninstall. This feature doesnt interest many like me, that MoBeam commercial video hasnt impressed me to the level that Im hyped to get the service. 100kb is no trouble but there goes my security. Pretty agressif marketing strategy by MoBeam with Samsung. Samsung's vision towards consumers in respect to privacy and freedom of choosing what consumer wants or doesnt; wanna make me switch out from Samsung devices.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently updated my Galaxy S4 from Sprint about a week ago to 4.3 and I am having issues with my keyboard. I noticed that if i press on the empty spaces of my I keyboard, another letter types. For example the empty space that's between the "L" and the screen. if I press that the letter "b" pops up. Does anybody know a fix for this?

Which keyboard are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware