Samsung Galaxy S4 Keyboard Problem

mmostafaei

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
After updating to Kitkat, my Samsung keyboard doesn't allow me to replace customizable key with a punctuation mark (i.e. "?" mark)
Does anyone else have this problem?

2rhqsus.jpg

spxhrk.jpg

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I'm not sure I understand your issue. Could you explain a little more so I can try to help you.

mmostafaei

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I'm not sure I understand your issue. Could you explain a little more so I can try to help you.

Thanks!

You used to replace the Customizable button (between Space and Sym buttons) to a punctuation mark. You could keep pressing the customizable button and change its function (as you can see in the help file on the first picture). However, I am missing this after updating to KitKat. I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue? I reset my keyboard and no luck.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, I get you. That happened on my Sprint GS4 on an update before getting KitKat actually.
I don't miss it, but I guess others would. Sorry but Samsung is most likely responsible for that one.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

mmostafaei

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I really miss that. I used to use it for "?" . Now I have to go to symbol and type "?" or have to keep the "." key so the "?" shows up. Makes it way slower to type.
Funny enough, the help file still says you can change the customizable key to punctuation marks

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Funny, on my keyboard, as you can see below, the ? symbol is with the m.
1394998193160.jpg

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is the Sprint version: SPH-L720.
They're different versions but the keyboard is from Samsung so I don't see why it should be any different.
I also have Android 4.4.2

mmostafaei

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine is the Sprint version: SPH-L720.
They're different versions but the keyboard is from Samsung so I don't see why it should be any different.
I also have Android 4.4.2

mine doesn't have many of those options (like the globe, etc.)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the Google keyboard?
I really like it, and actually use it with my Galaxy Tab 3. But on my GS4 I rather use the stock Samsung KB because the easy access to the numbers and the main reason is the emoji.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp