Samsung Galaxy S7 and JVC KD-R860BT (Connection problem), what can I do?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S7 and JVC KD-R860BT (Connection problem)

Hi everyone!

First post here, I apologize in advance if I do anything wrong.

I have a problem when connecting my Galaxy S7 to a JVC KD-R860BT aftermarket car radio/cd player. I used to have an LG Nexus 5 and it worked perfectly (USB charging and playback, control through the JVC buttons). However, with my new Galaxy S7 neither charging nor playback work.

Details: When I connect the S7, the JVC gives the message 'ANDROID' followed by 'READING'. The S7 vibrates and begins to charge and the 'Connect to USB device' prompt pops up. However, the S7 almost immediately disconnects, stops charging and the 'Connect to USB' prompt disappears. If I leave it connected, this cycle then repeats itself (device begins charging, prompt pops up, then it immediately disconnects, etc.). After a few cycles of this the JVC unit shows a message 'CANNOT PLAY' and the S7 shows a message 'Irregular charging detected'.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? The JVC unit supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 which I thought allows any Android device from version 4.1 and up to interface. Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks