Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge ATT blacklisted

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I got burned on Craigslist and have a S7 edge for ATT that's blacklisted. I saw a video on YouTube the other day where a man said he called Tmobile customer service and offered to return the phone to the original owner and somehow got the rep to remove the block from the phone. Anybody think that'll work for ATT? Has anybody actually tried to do something like this?

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
that most likely won't work on att, once its blacklisted that is for life. Always put a sim in a phone you buy to test it out before any money is exchanged. I would suggest you buy from swappa which is much better than doing craigslist.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I was recently burned on Swappa. Bought a phone that worked fine when I got it but the guy was making payments and defaulted shortly after sending it to me. Verizon deactivated the phone.

that most likely won't work on att, once its blacklisted that is for life. Always put a sim in a phone you buy to test it out before any money is exchanged. I would suggest you buy from swappa which is much better than doing craigslist.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Verizon S7 Edge fro a third party seller on Amazon. It was blacklisted for 'non payment' when I tried to activated it. The seller offer to pay 50.00 to a site called [removed by mod] that guarantees to remove blacklisted Verizon phones and says it likely to work on other networks. I declined and he refunded my money. There's always(usually) a way to get around stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a reminder -- no talks about changing IMEI numbers or anything is allowed here on the forums since it is illegal to do.

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My thread is not about that. It's about whether or anybody has been able to call customer service to successfully get blacklist removed

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@cbs1507, I think Almeuit is aware that you're only asking about legal ways through the carrier, but we often expect others in these kinds of threads to chime in with shadier methods. Hence the preemptive cautionary post!:)

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Would it be able to work on Tmobile? What about overseas? I've heard of phone swapping services on another forum but haven't been able to locate anything like that

cbs1507

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I comprehend but I was just letting be known that it wasn't my intention. I've had threads closed before because I asked about that type of stuff so I've learned my lesson.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was recently burned on Swappa. Bought a phone that worked fine when I got it but the guy was making payments and defaulted shortly after sending it to me. Verizon deactivated the phone.

Well the only thing to say to that is unfortunately you just have to buy your phone brand new to absolutely avoid the risks with buying second and third hand. IF you can't then you take your chances.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
At&t will not remove the blacklisting. If it is stolen, no chance. If it is because of financial obligation that requires the original owner to contact customer service and pay it off. I agree with the above post that the only way to be safe is to buy only new phones.

Putting your SIM in and testing the device isn't foolproof eitjer, sometimes it takes hours before the system to catch & then suspend the line, not an exact science unfortunately.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I got burned on Craigslist and have a S7 edge for ATT that's blacklisted. I saw a video on YouTube the other day where a man said he called Tmobile customer service and offered to return the phone to the original owner and somehow got the rep to remove the block from the phone. Anybody think that'll work for ATT? Has anybody actually tried to do something like this?
Your best bet is to sell it off as is to recoup some money back. I've been buying used phones on CL for years and was burned only once. Most people are honest but you must do due diligence. Anything that cost this much should have been checked at the carrier store for added security. I have buyers that just grab the product, without even checking it out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513