Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - importing photos to Mac??

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Is there an app or program that I can use to transfer the pics and music from phone to Mac computer. Something like iTunes?

Posted via the Android Central App

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: importing photos to Mac??

Your photos will import right into iPhoto. I would recommend Google Music on your Mac and phone.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: importing photos to Mac??

Is there an app or program that I can use to transfer the pics and music from phone to Mac computer. Something like iTunes?

Posted via the Android Central App
For photos and videos: use Dropbox or Google Photos (or pretty much any cloud storage service). Enable auto upload and everything lands on your Mac automatically. For transferring music to the device: Apple Music springs to mind (allows you to upload your entire collection to the cloud), or Google Play music, which does the same.

An offline solution for music would be an app called Doubletwist.

If you use podcasts, there are several excellent podcasting apps as well.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Using your MBP when you log onto photos.google.com, your photos from your S7 should be there. You can then download them into a folder on your desktop or the MBP Photos program.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I thought people only used iTunes because they were forced to. I have never heard of anyone wanting something like iTunes.

Can't you just copy the files to and from the phone as you want rather than trying to sync with some App that always seems to do what IT wants and not what you want.

Android File Transfer is great

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Lets you do pretty much anything you wan with the files on either internal memory or the card

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I do the Google Photos route. It's very easy. Just download what you want from the Google Photos website. For music I use iSyncr. Works seamlessly with iTunes.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
If you want a wireless solution, use the SHAREit app, which allows you to transfer any files you select to Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac devices via direct Wi-Fi between the two. If you don't want to disconnect from your regular Wi-Fi network, use an app like Wi-Fi Explorer as long as your Mac is also on the same Wi-Fi network (which I would assume it would be) to use your Mac's Web browser to access your phone via a file explorer interface.

johnny2dogs

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
when i connect my s7 to my macbook pro i get a message that i have to unlock my device screen
in settings /lockscreen and security....there is a line in there where it is on the off position ( unknown source.....)not sure if i should try it because there is a warning that all data could be lost

jeemster

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Android File Transfer must be on of the worst programs I have used.

Fails to connect to the phone almost always.

From what I see, it has had no updates since 2012.

There must be a better way!

It is so bad, makes me want to move off Android.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
How do I import photos from my S7 edge to iMac? Kindly, suggest the easiest method.

If they are on a separate SD card, use a card reader to transfer them to your computer.
If they are in internal storage, use the application Smart Switch, which you can find in your app drawer.
If Smart Switch is not in the app drawer, download it from the Google Play Store.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How do I import photos from my S7 edge to iMac? Kindly, suggest the easiest method.

You have a Mac that has an SD card slot. Hopefully, you have chosen to store the pictures that you take onto the SD card. You will need to use an adaptor for the SD card from the phone but you can simply plug the card into the iMac. The pictures should open up in the photos app and you can then import them.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I use Dropbox then an automator action to automatically import drop box photos to Apple photo.
You'll have to Google the automator procedure to set it up.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I use smart switch to transfer music and photos from my MacBook Pro to my S8+ and it works great for me. I don't like using Cloud storage for my music or my photos. Everything goes on my memory card