Samsung Kies v3 with Android 4.3 Outlook sync problem

Greg Riddle

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Let's just be clear - myphoneexplorer is not full of malware. During the install process you are offered the option to install or not install a ton of crap you don't actually want, but nothing harmful, and you do have the option not to install it.

However, myphoneexplorer doesn't overcome the problem. It will let you force your outlook contacts to the phone, or vice versa, as an alternative to a full two way sync.

I'm really hoping the update of Kies allows one way sync only. I have separate personal and work PCs and want to keep my outlook contacts separate on the PCs, but have them all on the phone. As long as I only create or change contacts on the PCs this used to work fine with Kies.

VL-Mike

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Why does this take so long to fix?

Last night, Kies offered an upgrade to 3.2.14024.11.0, but while it worked pretty well syncing contacts between my Galaxy S3 and Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows 7, Kies still quits while trying to sync the schedule.

Other than the sync/Kies problem, I like my Galaxy S3, but the iPhone is starting to look like a better bet.

Knightro

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I too am having the same problem, and as i read down this thread I hoped there might be a resolution... there wasn't :-( this is very annoying as I sync my work outlook calendar to my phone and now it duplicated everything back on my Outlook.

I hope Samsung sort this out soon

Having issues with my Outlook calendar. If I add an event on my phone, it shows on my phone AND my pc. If I add from my pc, it stays there and does NOT show up on my device.

NeverTooLate4620

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen,
It seems that Samsung is not paying too much attention to all of our problems.
I believe most of us are trying to use our smart devices for the business purposes and our contacts and calendars are very very important.
However Samsung is not listening.
The only way they will listen, if all of us will bombard them with the e-mail messages demanding the answers as well as the threats to switch to a different manufacturer who does listen.

Would any of you know for sure if there is a different smartphone of the same class as S4 or S5 that syncs with outlook 2007 or 2010 flawlesly?

Any of the Motorola Droids work?
What about LG phones?
Any others?
I am pretty sure that iPhones have some issues with syncing.

We need answers from either Samsung or other Manufacturers!!!!
Samsung does seem to have great hardware. What good is it if it cannot be utilized to the fullest!!!!

Thank you.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you want something that just works, I recommend using AkrutoSync instead of Kies for your Outlook contacts, Outlook calendar, as well as Outlook tasks and notes.

most of us are trying to use our smart devices for the business purposes and our contacts and calendars are very very important

This program provides very accurate sync. If you use Outlook for business purposes and need it to sync accurately, you will appreciate this.

Any of the Motorola Droids work?
What about LG phones?
Any others?
I am pretty sure that iPhones have some issues with syncing.

AkrutoSync works with all Android phones.

paulkirikal

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this has been picked up elsewhere on this thread but I also have upgraded to the latest Kies software V 3.2.14034_17 in an attempt to resolve the syncing problem. Surprisingly, Keis worked (admittedly there are some issues of direction and precedence of sync sources as mentioned earlier in the thread). However, the end result was that it worked for contacts, calendar and tasks.

After several attempts however, later the sync just hangs (in my case at 15%) when syncing the calendar (tasks and contacts - areas that I had not changed still sync'd successfully). After some thinking and a nights sleep I deleted the Schedule synch'ing log (Kies - Tools - Preferences) and tried to re-run the Sync. hey presto it worked and continues to work.

If I was to bet I would say that the size of the log files caused the hang and the reason that people hang at various stages is that everyone's usage of the log file is different dependent upon the number of calendar entries etc.

Hope this helps.:):):)

dickusvi

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I am debating to upgrade to a Galaxy S5 from a Galaxy S3, or go back to BlackBerry and get a Z10. Having a good Outlook synchronization is most important for me.

The first time I did a sync after the OS upgrade I ended up with as many as 32 copies of the same contact before I realized that I had a big problem. It took me three months to clear out the excess contacts. I again tried to use Kies 3 on April 8th, and the problem remains of giving me duplicate contacts. I now use Kies 3 only for updating my calender, which now appears to be OK..

IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE WORKS BY SAMSUNG & KIES TO MAKE FOR A GOOD SYSCHRONIZATION OF OUTLOOK CONTACTS?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE WORKS BY SAMSUNG & KIES TO MAKE FOR A GOOD SYSCHRONIZATION OF OUTLOOK CONTACTS?
Why does it have to be provided by Samsung? Did you try the software mentioned in post #9 (with a link in #10)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

dlloyd6565

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Apparently Samsung Development engineers do not work at light speed nor appreciate the importance of this problem with Outlook syncing. I just received an upgrade of Kies and still can not change the direction of the calendar nor the contact syncing. That fault creates duplicate records in both my computer and phone which SUCKS! Should have gone with Apple.

Darren Page

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I too have had the same problems... I had 3 copies of everything on the phone, and then doubles in Outlook 2013.. so it's not just limited to Outlook 2010... ridiculous.
I tried to do this again yesterday, and the 2 way sync deleted all of my birthdays listed in Outlook... Frickin MAD !!!!

The inability to select what type of calendar events to sync is also annoying.. I sent an email to Samsung and suggested a feature change for the next version of Kies... to which they replied ..thanks for the suggestion and they hope to include it soon in an update... but as with all the other issues listed here, it seem there is a long way to go to fix all our collective problems. I hope they do.

Cheers for now

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
it seem there is a long way to go to fix all our collective problems.
Did you look at the solution mentioned in post #9 (with a link in #10)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk