Samsung message

Becky Webster

Oct 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi

I keep seeing Android Samsung messages on my Google activity but I haven't been on the app or received a message.

Why does this show up?

I have a S10 lite

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's normal for apps to show up in one's Google Activity history, because apps will periodically ping your Google account to refresh data (even if you're not actively using them). It's nothing to worry about.

Becky Webster

Oct 26, 2022
Visit site
Some days quite a few times but then others maybe twice. I just wanted to make sure it didn't mean the app had been open as I would have questions for my other half then as to why he had been looking through my phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned before, apps showing up in Google activity has no direct correlation with actively opening the app and using it. Apps can work in the background, and one of the things they may do is ping a user's Google account to refresh various kinds of data.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Oh ok! That's good to hear.

Does it show up the same is the app was open or if a message was sent/received?

I wanted to reword my post, my father's pretty sick and I've been under a lot of stress :-\

I meant that it sounds like there's trust issues in the relationship, and maybe locking your phone rather than letting you're other half scour it might be better overall. You should be able to text whoever you want, and he should have trust in you.

Without trust and commitment on both sides the relationship is never going to be more than temporary unfortunately :(

Last edited: