Samsung note 5 problem, screen freezes

viju kb

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I had the same issue

I removed weather info widget from my home screen and it solved my problem.

So i guess any widget associated to "location" may cause this issue

Hope this helps

Regards
Viju

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The latest update for 86 mb for international version seems to have fixed this issue completely for me. Over a week not freezing

MrHevia

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue but I noticed that I only got this issue when I was listening music/podcast or whatever with Google Chrome.

I'm now using stock browser and the problem is gone.!!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just had this happen on my T-Mobile 64GB Gold Note 5. Touchscreen would not respond after unlocking. Only recent apps and pulldown would work. Trying to switch to an open app would lead to a black screen. I rebooted the phone and then the battery stats were reset as if I just unplugged from the charger.

Just read about the weather widget possible being the cause.

TheNailLadymsB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
i must say i just started having the freeziing problem today and i was going absolutely crazy..my 32g was at 31.7g...i had 3400 pic on my phone...full of crazy apps i dont use and i could not access anything on my phone..and on top of all that it was HOT..couldnt hold phone to my ear...and i also noticed that my fast charge was now taking long time to charge...only had phone since April...accessed tmobile thru my laptop..requested they call me to troubleshoot my phone..but when they called the automated system said press 1 to get routed to an operator...i could not hit 1...ugggh..i had to restart my phone in order to tap up to 3times on my screen...this was a scary nitemare...i was finally able to get a hold of tmobile rep...he tried very hard to not

TheNailLadymsB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
had multiple problems all at once with my 34g note5... (used 31.7gb of my 32g space..had 3408 pictures/videos on my phone..many useless apps.. music, retc...it was running soo hot i could not put the phone to my ear to talk...it wouldnt charge quickly anymore...and i could not touch anything on my screen to dial out..to delete..nothing)

i even had a wonderful tmobile agent try to help me for over 4hrs on the phone to save me from doing a master reset...by the end of the call he said i would definitely have to do a master reset

decided to googe on my laptop to see if anyone else was having this problem and lo and behold there was a whole thread dedicated to this exact problem..

Read many replies that suggested the master reboot but kelly kearns was the only one to suggest a boot in safe mode as kelly kearns suggested...it worked perfectly...didnt have to lose all my texts, etc...i had downloaded all my pix and videos to my laptop to free up some space....no more freezing...thank u kelly kearns...!!!!

Exp3rt

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
That's Not a problem. That's only Ram overload issue. Just follow me.
1. Go to setting
2. Select Smart Manager
3. Press ram box.
4. Press End All from bottom and u done. (now check your phone)
Remind me in your Prayers....

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ah okay
like samsung pay I don't have that app either
right now I added a shortcut to the power button (pushing it twice) to load up an alternative launcher. Waiting for phone to freeze now to see if it works