Samsung Note 8.0 n5100 desperate help, anyone?

Neo Alison

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Note 8.0 n5100 desperate help

Hello everyone
I am sorry in advance if I sound too rash or anything, I just want you to know that for 3 straight days I have been trying to solve a problem which may or may not be very easy yet a rocket science to me.
Please I beg you on bended knees to help me in any way you can.
Here is what has been going from the start up to now:

1.Got Note 8.0 N5100 (3G)
2.All is fine
3.Rooted = All is fine
4.Tried to software update after few weeks (I was tiered of seeing update available all the time up there)
5.Tablet updated from inside which I think you call OTA or whatever
6.Another 'update' popped up just after this one was finished and after installing that another one which was the newly arrived KK 4.2.2 with terrible problems for the tablet and I was not happy.

7. Did a lot of research to revert it back to stock and get rid of all the KK's cons which was not an easy job cuz 4.4.2 during installation from the tablet said that I will not be able to downgrade from this moment forward (during agreement to install) I was a noob and just tapped next all the way through.
I really do not remember how exactly I got the device reverted back to 4.1.2 but I did it anyways and even rooted it. (been working for over a year with a single problem) then I need to move apps to SD card and I needed 4.2.2 (I think)
8. The software update is ready icon was still up there all these times. so I tapped agreed and when it was going to download the error popped saying 'Your Device has been modified and I cannot get any updates)
--Side note-- The KNOX was tripped from the first time I rooted the stock rom (1) I really dont care about it as long as I am able to install 4.2.2 which let me to move apps to SD Card (16 Gig is not much space these days)
9. Searched all over the place and download many ROMS/Firmwares even Custom firmware.
10. When I tried to use Odin to update to 4.2.2 from the offical ROM I download the process ended in FAIL (sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!) and in the Tablet download window it says in red from top Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-N5100
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 1
RP SWREV: A1
SW REV. Invalid magic string.
I searched all over but no fix
11. Download too many ROMS
installed CM mods like 12.1 which was Android 5 and it worked
installed 11.1 which was KK 444 which worked
but after all these ROMS and some that I did not mention I was not happy and I wanted to have official Samsung Rom installed and the main point of all these troubles was due to the fact that I needed to move large apps to SD CARD and some new apps require higher android.
after messing around the tablet for a while and not being able to do anything about flashing/installing an official ROM via Odin I tried to install the 4.1.2 ROM which was originally installed the tablet form the factory and I am using it now and there are not problems what so ever and I even got the update ready icon up top back but when tried to install again modified device and no updates error.

This has been a very sad journey for me and I am sure you would understand how frustrating things like this can be and I really tried to the best of my stupid knowledge but I failed to upgrade the device to 4.2.2 where I can move apps to SD card

Side note
Even after installing official rom the download section still says everything is custom ... Why?
I used many things like CWM, Philz Touch. Twarp and now I think it is on its original stock boot(after installing the official stock 4.1.2)
The device now is unrooted.
I dont know if this is any important but I got the tablet in Iran and I think the firmware was for Iran specific or Saudi Arabia or UEA, is it relevant which countries official firmware you install?
my current is: PAK-N5100XXBMD1-20140106165238
Tried to install: N5100XXCMH2_N5100OLBCMH2_XSE = FAILED ...
I beg you as humbly as I can how can I revert the Table fully 100% back to its factory state considering everything or how I can install fully functional no bug no lag no error version of Android 4.2.2 (which allows move to SD Card)
Why Odin Fails at said Nanad writes, where it gave no error during 4.1.2 installation?
Am I beyond the point of no return?
What should I do?

Eagerly waiting for your help

P.S Please ask further questions needed and how can I get the answer to your question ( my mind is hazy after all those rom flashing)
If you have a solution to this matter please write in noob friendly way or a video would be nice.
Counting on you :(

PP.S I apologize for long story.

With Great Respect
Neo