Question Samsung Notes

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
How do I open text files?

For example: I have a few .txt files that I copied from my computer to my phone by USB.

1. There is no Open menu choice anywhere in Samsung Notes, which would be the easiest & fastest route.

2. When I open Samsung Notes>Settings>Import Notes & select Phone, the following page is blank & pressing the 'Internal Storage' button does nothing.

3. When I open the My Files app, navigate to & tap a file I want to open, an 'Open with' box comes up, but Samsung Notes is not listed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Should see HTML viewer and select it once and that should open it up
52763b36a49ed51461f554ee6d7cab70.jpg

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I use Total Commander to view .txt files. It's free, ad-free & a versatile & powerful file manager.
Should see HTML viewer & select it once & that should open it up
52763b36a49ed51461f554ee6d7cab70.jpg
Thanks for the suggestions.
I think both will be overkill for my purposes.
I just need to write short shopping lists w/check boxes & cross-outs & a few short reminder notes that will only need to be accessed once in a while. And the app doesn't need to have any internet access.

I have downloaded Notepad Free by atomczak & have been using it for a few years (on previous phones). Simple & easy to use & according to atomczak, new features are being worked on at the moment. Being able to create checklists being 1 of them.

I'm also going to check out Simplenote by Automattic, Inc.

But since Samsung Notes came pre-installed on my A35, I thought I'd check it out.
It's ok w/some nice features; but not being able to open .txt files is really shortsighted on Samsung's part; in my opinion.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.
I think both will be overkill for my purposes.
I just need to write short shopping lists w/check boxes & cross-outs & a few short reminder notes that will only need to be accessed once in a while. And the app doesn't need to have any internet access.

I have downloaded Notepad Free by atomczak & have been using it for a few years (on previous phones). Simple & easy to use & according to atomczak, new features are being worked on at the moment. Being able to create checklists being 1 of them.

I'm also going to check out Simplenote by Automattic, Inc.

But since Samsung Notes came pre-installed on my A35, I thought I'd check it out.
It's ok w/some nice features; but not being able to open .txt files is really shortsighted on Samsung's part; in my opinion.
No worries , do what works best for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaksoftware