Samsung Pay

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't sure how to find this thread if there is one for the 9 Plus. Samsung Pay.

Just used my medical card at an older pump to get my phone to work there
2cc7ace3127b2c71b54d820ea1ec2a0e.jpg

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't sure how to find this thread if there is one for the 9 Plus. Samsung Pay.

Just used my medical card at an older pump to get my phone to work there //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180329/2cc7ace3127b2c71b54d820ea1ec2a0e.jpg
I've had mixed results on these old pumps with that trick. Some work some don't. I actually made a clear plastic rig that will slide in and trigger the switch in the back but allow me to have my phone in the optimal location for best signal.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had mixed results on these old pumps with that trick. Some work some don't. I actually made a clear plastic rig that will slide in and trigger the switch in the back but allow me to have my phone in the optimal location for best signal.
Myself as well on the works sometimes doesn't work sometimes. It's kind of a toss-up and in this case I did have to try it I believe two or three times

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
April 1 and the samsung points start earning again finally. Doesn't take me that long to knock out the 50 transaction limit lol.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Folks, I'm a huge Samsung Pay fan and I use it everywhere. But using your phone at a gas/petrol station is still dangerous. It's not worth getting this working on

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Folks, I'm a huge Samsung Pay fan and I use it everywhere. But using your phone at a gas/petrol station is still dangerous. It's not worth getting this working on
That's just it. Even if the credit card reader is rigged to collect CC numbers, Samsung Pay is still safe. Samsung Pay doesn't use your CC# for a transaction. It provides a one time CC# that expires after the transaction is complete. If anybody gets to use it again, it won't work.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
That's just it. Even if the credit card reader is rigged to collect CC numbers, Samsung Pay is still safe. Samsung Pay doesn't use your CC# for a transaction. It provides a one time CC# that expires after the transaction is complete. If anybody gets to use it again, it won't work.
I meant it's unsafe because it can still cause explosions. It's unsafe to use cell phones near gasoline due to the explosions hazard. In fact there was one in the news recently where someone talking on their cell phone caused an explosion at a gas station. It's highly unlikely, but if it was safe, the signs to not do so would have been removed.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I meant it's unsafe because it can still cause explosions. It's unsafe to use cell phones near gasoline due to the explosions hazard. In fact there was one in the news recently where someone talking on their cell phone caused an explosion at a gas station. It's highly unlikely, but if it was safe, the signs to not do so would have been removed.
Yeah... About that. There have been no documented cases that ever happened.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fuelish-pleasures/

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah... About that. There have been no documented cases that ever happened.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fuelish-pleasures/
There's a station near my work setup specifically to use tap and pay ar the pump. I've used my phone there and at many other locations, always without issue. I'd be quite leery of stories of people supposedly causing explosions simply by using their phones at a gas station.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
There's a station near my work setup specifically to use tap and pay ar the pump. I've used my phone there and at many other locations, always without issue. I'd be quite leery of stories of people supposedly causing explosions simply by using their phones at a gas station.
I've seen tap and pay pumps on the mainland, haven't seen them here in Hawaii.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If that caused explosions, we would be seeing explosions left and right lol.