Samsung promotion status.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
They said that was one of the location codes that SAMSUNG did not approve of. I showed them my receipt that had the verizonwireless url on the bottom and flat out asked them, How is this not an ONLINE order?

I think at that point they caved in and gave me my 200 dollar reimbursements for my lines. It still doesn't put a S2 in my hands and I am still going to go through Verizon to get what was promised to me.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Care to share the number for Verizon?

Oh of course. I was half asleep and forgot to post it.

I made some uncouth comments not appropriate to AC, so the continuity might not be the greatest.

Here's a clip of the transcript:

Casey : To correct the order for the free gear instead of the headset, Internet Order Center can be reached at 866-338-7390.

Casey : The hours of operation for Internet Order Center is between 8am - 11pm on weekdays and 5pm EST on weekends.

Casey : I'll make a note in your account that will make them aware of this situation and they will know exactly what is going on when you call.

Casey : Please try to understand that due to security reason, we cannot amend orders via chat. There will be verification of sensitive details about your account which we do not have access to.

Casey : The number I have provided you is THE number that will definitely help you correct the order.

Casey : The process is, they will also advise you to send the headset back. It can be done by getting you a return label or going to store to return the headset.

Casey : You will also be provided option to have the replacement picked up from the store if the stock for the headset is available at the nearest Verizon store near you.

Casey : I meant.. You will also be provided option to have the replacement picked up from the store if the stock for the GEAR is available at the nearest Verizon store near you.

Casey : Or have the gear delivered directly to you.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
1.4 lbs...

1.4 lbs is how much mine weighed. It was a VR.
Got vr though they confirmed it should be s2.
They claim due to location code (xfinity promo).
Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App
That's what happened to me. I was fine with it, but if I can get something else out of this I will lol. I may call Verizon and see if they'll send me a gear s2.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
1.4 lbs is how much mine weighed. It was a VR.

That's what happened to me. I was fine with it, but if I can get something else out of this I will lol. I may call Verizon and see if they'll send me a gear s2.

From the success/failure thread, others have been getting $200 ecertificate for samsung if you got vr when you were supposed to get an s2.

"I was also offered a $200 Ecert to make up for this issue.. Just received it in email... Have until the end of may to use it."
Quote from a post over there.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't want a VR. At this point I'd rather have a wireless charging stand, lol. That's equal value to a VR on the current market haha.

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the phone with them again....just have to wait for the 40 calls ahead of me...-__- This is going on 8 weeks for me now, and i submitted 3/9. i'll see what they say....

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the phone with them again....just have to wait for the 40 calls ahead of me...-__- This is going on 8 weeks for me now, and i submitted 3/9. i'll see what they say....

Better to wait for a S2 then get a VR. I'm out fishing waiting for FedEx to deliver.

rave264

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone, was told that my submission just got verified. This is after it was submitted 3/9.....ridiculous. I was told the same thing almost 2 weeks ago. The lady was not helpful at all, she even said that she couldn't verify whether i'll receive the gear s2 or the VR. At this point, i've given up; I can't wait for the new iphone to come out in September, then i'm switching back.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone, was told that my submission just got verified. This is after it was submitted 3/9.....ridiculous. I was told the same thing almost 2 weeks ago. The lady was not helpful at all, she even said that she couldn't verify whether i'll receive the gear s2 or the VR. At this point, i've given up; I can't wait for the new iphone to come out in September, then i'm switching back.

HTC 10 looking pretty good too! I might take a look at that. Also, the LG G5 has gotten some good camera reviews (if you are into that).

Samsung, get it together with this promotion!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I'm feeling ya.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Got off the phone with vzw and pl.
Escalated to supervisor at pl. Still nothing. Pl claimed that Samsung audited and denied me. I insisted on reason and was on hold again. Supervisor escalated one level higher and got approved for swap. We'll send back VR and should get s2 within two (2!) month. We shall see....
All in all, 2h on the phone...

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
if you in fact ordered online, and where due an S2 and got the vr instead call prizelogic, you will get a $200 samsung ecert for their website... not an s2 but something ;)

I did. On a three way call with Big Red and Samsung right now. VZW swears she won't let me off the phone without a resolution. I doubt it, but we will see.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm nervous now. I still don't have anything in my FedEx Delivery Manager. I don't want a vr and a $200 gift card will not buy a 3g gear s2. I want the watch I was told I would get .

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I had Verizon confirm via chat that my purchases were made online and on a consumer account, not in store or on a business account like PL is trying to do... Took a picture too.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Update, she, the VZW rep, got told by Samsung to call Prize Logic. She's on hold with PL and I get to go about my afternoon while she sits in a 40 person queue and will call me back with results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001