Samsung S6 Advice

UltimateAntic

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
So next week at the 17th, I'll be able to renew my contract which will include a new phone which'll either be iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6 and so far I'm favouring the S6.

But there are 2 populair complaints that worry me:

-Battery Life
So how is the battery life? Many reviews are pretty badly written and do not offer much info. I've seen a benchmark where the S6 is superiour but a lot of people complain that it is really bad. How does the battery compare against the i,phone 6?

-Lag
I'm currently using an Samsung S2 after my iPhone 5 broke down and the biggest difference was that the S2 was lagging a lot while the 5 was really smooth and fluid. So I'm worried that the S6 will also annoy me with lag since I heard lots of complaints about it. I've even seen a video where an s6 lagged crazy after the guy started playing a music in the background. I am really worried if this is a widespred issue.

Thanks in advance!

jkulmtd

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I see a lot of people complaining about the battery life of these phones but I honestly haven't noticed much a difference between my iPhone 6 and this phone.

I have noticed this phone has a couple little corks here and there but I think it's because these phones are for more capable the good far outweigh the bad.

Being an avid iphone user I can actually say this phone has been a successful replacement 10 fold from apple and their conservative phones

Sent from my SM-G920W8

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is average probably similar to what the iPhone 6 would offer...I would imagine them to be on par with each other.

The phone doesn't lag that is one great thing about this device...I've had it since launch and its run exceptionally.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mad Spoons

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
1. The battery life is lackluster when compared to other recent Android flagships, but my understanding is that it's on par with iPhone 6. Frankly, thanks to wireless charging and the INSANELY FAST wired charge, I worry less about battery life than ever before.

2. Zero lag. Particularly after the 5.1.1 update.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My iphone6 has a much better battery than my s6. I am being perfectly honest. I haven't found my "perfect" phone yet,so I switch back and forth between the s6 and iphone6. The camera is better on the s6, hands down.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So next week at the 17th, I'll be able to renew my contract which will include a new phone which'll either be iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6 and so far I'm favouring the S6.

But there are 2 populair complaints that worry me:

-Battery Life
So how is the battery life? Many reviews are pretty badly written and do not offer much info. I've seen a benchmark where the S6 is superiour but a lot of people complain that it is really bad. How does the battery compare against the i,phone 6?

-Lag
I'm currently using an Samsung S2 after my iPhone 5 broke down and the biggest difference was that the S2 was lagging a lot while the 5 was really smooth and fluid. So I'm worried that the S6 will also annoy me with lag since I heard lots of complaints about it. I've even seen a video where an s6 lagged crazy after the guy started playing a music in the background. I am really worried if this is a widespred issue.

Thanks in advance!

It depends on your use really. My medium to heavy use gets me through a single day easily. And that's with disabling the apps I don't use (Svoice etc.) And nothing else.

As far as fluidity is concerned, I gave up IOS a while ago after using the 3gs 4 5 and the 5s. Since then I've used quite a few android phones. The best ones. The only thing faster than the S6 is the HTC M8. And M8 was FAAAASSTTT!! So I'd say it's not the fastest but definitely really really fast and fluid. Of course IOS has all the animations which makes it look fluid. The S6 doesn't have those kind of animations so it feels a little blocky.

Having said that all. I think the S6 is the best phone out there despite the smaller battery. And I love the software AND the hardware. It seems complete and well done.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has their own personal pros and cons with every phone. For me the two main problems are

1. Weak antennas (I have done a direct comparison with s6, m7, iPhone 5,moto x and the S6 had significantly worse reception on the same service provider. BTW, Moto had the best reception.

2. The battery is too small or should have been 3000. Battery optimization is seriously crap, there are several different apps and services that run in the background that will kill your battery if you don't either micro manage it or root it to watch and prevent wake locks.

Really like my S6, but those two issues really annoy me.

dreaming of electric sheep

UltimateAntic

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Well the reason I'm considering an iPhone 6 is because it has a very fluid UI and a decent battery life that I'm used to after mainly having used an iPhone 5.

I can deal with a bit of possible lag on the S6 but if the battery on it is worse than the iPhone 6 then it'll most likely be a show stopper.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well the reason I'm considering an iPhone 6 is because it has a very fluid UI and a decent battery life that I'm used to after mainly having used an iPhone 5.

I can deal with a bit of possible lag on the S6 but if the battery on it is worse than the iPhone 6 then it'll most likely be a show stopper.

I don't think it is.
Plus once you get used to wireless and fast charging, there's no going back.

15 mins 10% to 60%. That's right.

But since you're already trying to find flaws with the phone, my honest advice would be to go with the iPhone. Even though they're practically the same. Except that, Samsung has the better camera.

The S6 is packed with sooooooooo many things that something is bound to annoy you. The iPhone on the other hand doesn't do much. Won't bother much either.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has their own personal pros and cons with every phone. For me the two main problems are

1. Weak antennas (I have done a direct comparison with s6, m7, iPhone 5,moto x and the S6 had significantly worse reception on the same service provider. BTW, Moto had the best reception.

2. The battery is too small or should have been 3000. Battery optimization is seriously crap, there are several different apps and services that run in the background that will kill your battery if you don't either micro manage it or root it to watch and prevent wake locks.

Really like my S6, but those two issues really annoy me.

dreaming of electric sheep

I hope the antenna that are weak are the Cellular antennas and not the Wi-Fi dual antennas!

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
i own both. The iphone battery life is better. but not a big difference.
The S6 is WAY faster than the iPhone 6 and does not lag.
The camera is also 10x better than iPhones cam.

I work at apple, and I love to support apple, but it's an app launcher vs a real OS, two different things.
no widgets, no default app choice, no swipe ( trust me apple swipe implementation is useless), google now > siri.
Customization on iOS is which wallpaper you have + number of apps on the page. That is it.
on the S6, just close down apps in multitasking a lot and you'll love it.

sayyaf khan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Remove fliboard and then you will have the occasional easily ignorance once in a while lag on s6
Battery life as a package is excellent I say excellent as a package because for me I usually get 5-6 hours of screen on time and get through my day .but the biggest attraction regarding battery life is fast charging this phone charges insanely fast . An hour charge will give u 80%+ charge from zero and that's sufficient to last you a day if you use it moderate to lightly