Samsung S7 edge dropped from pocket

A

AC Question

Hello. I have never dropped my phone before, also it has 2 years warranty. Is there any way I can get replacement or fixed phone? My phone just fell off from my pocket today.. about 2 feet.. I had glass protector + samsung clear view equipped on it. The cover came off in the air and did not protect my phone in any way and the glass protector just cracked, when I picked it up I was expecting some scratches or maybe eventually screen cracks.. but the back was cracked, the front top corner was gone fully white since the glass was broken really hard and the LCD gone green... I just have no words to express how I feel right now. How could 2 feet have such huge impact ?! Also I have no words for the 'samsung clear view'... it costs 10x the price of normal phone case and on hits just comes off ?! How come ? Since I live in poor country it took me almost year to afford it and it just broke from 1 simple 2 feet drop :( .. Can someone please help me? Could the parts be defective ?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Very sorry for your experience, but unless you have insurance I don't think you'll be successful in getting a free replacement. Warranty won't replace phones broken by a drop, which, from the damage, would most likely be very apparent. There are lots of differences in cases, won't help you at this point unfortunately. You might contact a repair shop and see what an estimate would cost.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Glass is very fragile, especially the thin glass used on phones to keep them light weight.

From a durability perspective these new premium phones are a joke.

A regular warranty won't replace it, as they don't cover damage, but if it includes any kind of insurance you need to contact them.