Samsung S7/S7 edge doesn't feature Quick Charge 3.0

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It will have Quick Charge 3.0. I can't post all the links and videos here of reviewers stating that it does/will, but with the SD820 it comes standard. Yes, OEMs have the ability to disable it, but Samsung has enabled it. The only two things this phone won't have that I would've liked are USB-C and a removable battery. But USB-C may not be ready for prime-time and if the new battery sizes, proc and Marshmallow play well together, a day's use shouldn't be an issue.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It will have Quick Charge 3.0. I can't post all the links and videos here of reviewers stating that it does/will, but with the SD820 it comes standard. Yes, OEMs have the ability to disable it, but Samsung has enabled it. The only two things this phone won't have that I would've liked are USB-C and a removable battery. But USB-C may not be ready for prime-time and if the new battery sizes, proc and Marshmallow play well together, a day's use shouldn't be an issue.
Doesn't the manual stating 2.0 settle the question about whether or not the phone has 3.0?

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the manual stating 2.0 settle the question about whether or not the phone has 3.0?

Not necessarily. The manual could have been written prior to any details being solidified between Qualcomm and Sammy. I can't tell you how many devices I've had whose manuals have copied and pasted info from a previous model into the next year's device. Manuals are not lore with specs, merely instructional how-to's. If nearly every tech blogger at MWC was told QC 3.0 would be onboard, and they were, then that's the most up-to-date data. The manual was likely constructed weeks if not months ago.

jisddwqs

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
But that doesn't answer the question about QC3
A few of my colleagues are over at MWC. They had a chat with Samsung and this was what they were told:
The guy responsible for the battery says it's 2.0 as they thinks it's fast enough. Not enough value going for 3.0.

Also the same with USB -C as people don't have the connection with accessories etc.

AndyShannon

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Keep in mind there will be two very different version of the S7/S7E, one with a exynos 8890 chip in it (which doesnt support QC 3.0) and one with a snapdragon 820 (which does support QC 3.0) so even if a sammy rep said the S7/S7E doesnt have QC 3.0 he may have been referring to the exynos version which would be true, but when it comes to the Snapdragon 820, it comes built in with QC 3.0.... see this link....

droid-life.com/2015/11/10/qualcomm-snapdragon-820-phones/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panohoshi Hxo