Samsung sends out replacement phone after I returned mine

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
So has anyone been in the situation where you have your phone back for a refund but you had already signed up for the exchange program?

I had initially opted for the replacement program but upon hearing some of the hassle Samsung Canada was putting people through, I decided to return mine for a refund and just purchase it again later.

Well a few days after returning mine and getting the refund, fedex showed up at my door with my replacement phone, which I refused since I didn't have my old one to exchange.

But FedEx called me again today over a week later and left a message and asked to confirm if that's what I want to do before they ship it back. I'm torn right now between calling them back and asking them to send it to me again or just wait it out and buy through Costco like I had originally wanted to.

Question is, has anyone had this situation? What did they do? How would I set up paying for this phone if it wasn't though my carrier but directly from Samsung to replace my recalled one? My accounts have already been refunded and set back, and I don't have any intention of buying it outright

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Not with Samsung, so this probably doesn't apply, but I got a refund on the original at a Verizon corporate store, and then called customer serivice, and had them put in my account info that I had returned it and was using an old phone but wanted a replacement when they were available. They just treated it like part of the replacement program. But I don't know how Samsung Canada is handling that scenario. I'd take the phone, myself.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My only controversy is that I was opting to purchase my next one through Costco instead of my carrier. But I don't believe there is a way to apply this next phone towards a Costco purchase somehow.

I'm tempted in waiting as well as this would have been apart of the very first batch of replacements. Maybe I'm better waiting a bit longer so they workout any further quirks?