Say goodbye to headphone jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope for me I'm not missing out, I wont have to daily charge. As I said in my post . I dont listen to music to much on phone

You're one of the few. Many will be disappointed the 3.5mm universal jack is gone. Just cause some people don't use it mean it should be eliminated.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You're one of the few. Many will be disappointed the 3.5mm universal jack is gone. Just cause some people don't use it mean it should be eliminated.

I never said it should be eliminated . But it is ,what it is. I just said its not a deal breaker for me

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
If the quality of music is important and you have X$'s for headphones I believe you will find wired headphones to be vastly superior to Bluetooth of the same price.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I honestly detest the fact they're getting rid of the headphone jack. For what? Yes, I do use Bluetooth headphones from time to time but I want the option of a headphone jack as well. This after they made fun of apple a year ago. Now here they are doing the same crap. Is this a deal breaker? Well that all depends. I still want this phone but Note 8 has closed the gap now.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
When I hear someone go ecstatic over the sound quality of their Apple bluetooth ear buds or similar devices I know I'm listening to someone who doesn't really care about music.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I never said it should be eliminated . But it is ,what it is. I just said its not a deal breaker for me

There are very few deal breaker features for me when it comes to a single feature. Losing the headphone jack is pretty close but if the phone had something else I really wanted it would not stop me.

jon4400

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight, they made fun of Apple for getting rid of the headphone jack last year and now they're doing the same?

Oh well...

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I'd be extremely hard pressed to purchase any phone without a headphone jack. I'd look elsewhere to be honest.

Yep, same. I listen to music, but more often news, when out walking some evenings.
Bluetooth headsets just don't equal most 3.5 ones (I really like my old Bose headset, it's hard to rival), and are a pain, both in terms of having to recharge, plus having to charge your phone a LOT more too, if you listen to any large amount of audio via BT.
I'd imagine this is just fine for some, but it makes no sense to me, it's a perfectly good, working user-interface, has (almost) zero chance of bugs and things that will de-stabilize the phone, etc, a 3.5mm is simple, yet powerful, in an understated way, IMHO.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have an old truck I drive periodically and it's not set up for Bluetooth. I use the audio plug attached to a cassette device and the sound for podcasts is outstanding. And I can still charge the phone.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was annoyed at first but I am with the Bluetooth trend now. Manufactures should include a 3.5 to USC-C adapter for the next few years though to accommodate users that still have the legacy wired headphones.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't care for the move, myself. I'm not sure it would be a deal breaker, either.

Unless they're giving a dongle like Lenovo did with the Moto Z and the Moto Z2 Force, I'd think about it twice before getting this phone. I have 0 wireless audio equipment and am not willing to dish out more money to get new a dongle or new earphones and a new car stereo with Bluetooth just because Apple wasn't imaginative enough to make their phones waterproof and keep the headphone jack and pretended it was a courageous move (as if it needed to be done) and now everyone's following suit for no other reason than to lower their build costs since there was no real outrage against Apple anyway... sorry this move pisses me off a little...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless they're giving a dongle like Lenovo did with the Moto Z and the Moto Z2 Force, I'd think about it twice before getting this phone. I have 0 wireless audio equipment and am not willing to dish out more money to get new a dongle or new earphones and a new car stereo with Bluetooth just because Apple wasn't imaginative enough to make their phones waterproof and keep the headphone jack and pretended it was a courageous move (as if it needed to be done) and now everyone's following suit for no other reason than to lower their build costs since there was no real outrage against Apple anyway... sorry this move pisses me off a little...
To be fair, I'm probably not going to get a new phone until next fall anyway. By then, I may not have a choice. I probably should start looking at USB C headphones in the meantime.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty silly IMO to remove it, but I have come to terms with it.

As for the 'carrying around" of the adapter/dongle, why would anyone need to do that? They're like $4 a piece. Buy 3 or 4 and keep them attached to whatever 3.5mm headphone sets you normally use. Then any time you go to grab your headset, it's there. I don't see the big deal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939