Scratched screen already - use a screen protector

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Nope my blue one works great on wireless charging. Red one should be fine too. I can tell this case is my favorite and should work good for you too:)

Edit: I need to add that I'm using the older Samsung flat wireless charger. Don't know yet about the Samsung convertible wireless charger yet. Still waiting for Samsung to send me it from the freebies.
I truly love that red case looks awesome.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Amazon is rolling-out this delivery to inside of your house in selected areas due to high rates of theft from people's porches. I'm sure they analyze claims from different locations and want more secure delivery for areas where a lot of losses occur.

Years ago, a rep from B&H photo was on one of the camera forums, and people were complaining about cases where items that should have shipped out immediately were delayed when B&H called the presumed buyer to verify that they'd really made the orders. Also discussed was how B&H decided whether or not to require a signature from the recipient, because in many cases, requiring a customer signature resulted in people not getting their orders in time for planned events, holidays, weekends, etc.

The rep for B&H said he would not divulge how they made these decisions, but indicated that it depended a LOT on where they were sending the orders. B&H does NOT use UPS's or FEDEX's insurance, but instead self-insures. That saves them a huge amount of money, but it also means that they (B&H) eat the cost of anything stolen or damaged. So naturally, they want to reduce their costs (signature required costs extra, for example, and so does carrier insurance) and at the same time they want to minimize losses. So they presumably use some fairly sophisticated analysis tools to decide where, and to whom, it's safe to just ship an order out without any confirmation, and also just leave a $5,000 camera or lens on someone's doorstep.

Amazon surely does the same things, so I imagine they would offer the "inside your house" delivery first (or maybe only) in areas that suffer the highest rates of theft. DC has a reputation for being an extremely high crime area, and is also a very population-dense area as well. So it would be easy to justify setting up your own delivery system in such an area and also provide the in-home deliveries there, too.

---------------------------

I like having a hard glass screen protector in place to reduce the risk of screen scratches, but I have to admit that they affect the look and sensitivity of the capacitive touch screen. But I have not noticed any real problems with the S-Pen, probably because it operates using an electromagnetic principal rather than the capacitive technique used to sense a fingertip. It's less affected by the distance from the screen to the thing being sensed. I really like the feel of the S-Pen even with the glass screen protector I'm using.

The Pelican case I'm using on the N8 prevents the Samsung Convertible wireless charger from working for me in any orientation when it's in the "tilted up" position. But laying the phone carefully centered on the charger with the charger laying down flat works fine.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It looks bright but could be the picture

Ok my red one came around 8:30. Amazon driver was lost lol. Ok first off this case is trippy looking in person lol. It's more of a metallic reddish Orange but quite nice looking. It all depends on what kind of light you in. Darker lighted room makes it look more red with orange in it. Bright room it looks more Orange with some red in it lol. I took the pics in a bright hallway with my note 5. Pic might be a little blurry. The 2 pics I took without flash and it look straight up Orange lol. One pic I took with the flash and you can see the red in it.

Edit: when I have my phone laying some where the light gives the case like a glow kind of look. I'm like yelp can't tell me you can't see my phone lol. And since I got the blue and black one and this reddish Orange one. I can take the blue part of case off and put the reddish Orange with the black to make black and reddish Orange lol.

Attachments

• Resized952017102795205032.jpg
    Resized952017102795205032.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Resized952017102795205043.jpg
    Resized952017102795205043.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Resized952017102795205121.jpg
    Resized952017102795205121.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok my red one came around 8:30. Amazon driver was lost lol. Ok first off this case is trippy looking in person lol. It's more of a metallic reddish Orange but quite nice looking. It all depends on what kind of light you in. Darker lighted room makes it look more red with orange in it. Bright room it looks more Orange with some red in it lol. I took the pics in a bright hallway with my note 5. Pic might be a little blurry. The 2 pics I took without flash and it look straight up Orange lol. One pic I took with the flash and you can see the red in it.

Edit: when I have my phone laying some where the light gives the case like a glow kind of look. I'm like yelp can't tell me you can't see my phone lol. And since I got the blue and black one and this reddish Orange one. I can take the blue part of case off and put the reddish Orange with the black to make black and reddish Orange lol.
It looks good jewels! It's definitely bright but it looks good like that! You'll never loose your phone lol.

I didn't even think about the fact you can mix and match since it's the same case! Awesome!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It looks good jewels! It's definitely bright but it looks good like that! You'll never loose your phone lol.

I didn't even think about the fact you can mix and match since it's the same case! Awesome!

Lol thanks. Color is definitely growing on me:) I love having cases that I can use different colors on.

YaniCruz

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
Halloween weekend. Told myself I would be careful but a few drinks later. My delicate care for my note 8 all this time went to hell :/ I have the Alcántara cover and no screen protector. Dropped it twice in one night. Once inside the club and once on concrete outside. The case's lips have some scuffs as for the screen just tiny scratches on the bottom left. I still can't believe how lucky I got. I'm sorry note 8 I let you down :( in other news I researched and the premium care from Samsung covers minor scratches and the deductible is $99. Has any one used it before? Is this price correct? Seems really good to me!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So is the Zagg worth it? You like it? I know for the 7 Edge it wasn't good and we didn't get them. Trying to decide now and I like Zagg cause their is a kiosk in the mall that puts them on even if it is a little more. I told him Amazon was cheaper and he offered me 10% off.

I just installed the Zagg curved glass. Painless install and fits well. No interference with my VRS case.

This after I had a few micro scratches from rubbing against my credit card....

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So you have the glass curved from Zagg? My husband got the Neo Hybrid and loves it what holster did you get? So the Zagg works well with that case I'm guessing?

In addition to a Zagg screen protector, that I love, I use a holster with my Spigen NeoHybrid case. The screen faces inward in the holster against a soft fabric material. I would guess that even without a screen protector, the phone would be better protected from scratches than in a pocket. I may look like a nerd with the holster, but I don't care.