Scratches on home button?!

German Silva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi to all. I got an S6 (the normal one) on wednesday (June 17). I was really happy with the quality. I got a great battery life these days (4 hours and 40 mins of screen time). I was really very happy with the device. Yesterday I was inspecting all the phone and when I got into the home button I was really suprised. The home button is full of hairline scratches. I didn´t put it in my pocket because I was waiting for a case and a screen protector. I was very sure to don´t leave it on a dangerous surface or something that could damage the button. Also, it has like a spot or a stain in the middle of the home button, like if it was used for a long time. It´s very frustating that my brother has an iPhone 6 and I saw his home button (Touch ID) and there is no singe scratch. He has the iPhone from Christmas and he don´t use any protection. Though I don´t like iPhones very much, so that´s why I bought the S6. I`m really dissapointed from this. Less than 48 hours and the first problems presented.
My question, is there anybody else with this problem? What can I do?

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you got a "restocked" phone?

Either way...I'd go back to your carrier and seek a replacement

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi to all. I got an S6 (the normal one) on wednesday (June 17). I was really happy with the quality. I got a great battery life these days (4 hours and 40 mins of screen time). I was really very happy with the device. Yesterday I was inspecting all the phone and when I got into the home button I was really suprised. The home button is full of hairline scratches. I didn´t put it in my pocket because I was waiting for a case and a screen protector. I was very sure to don´t leave it on a dangerous surface or something that could damage the button. Also, it has like a spot or a stain in the middle of the home button, like if it was used for a long time. It´s very frustating that my brother has an iPhone 6 and I saw his home button (Touch ID) and there is no singe scratch. He has the iPhone from Christmas and he don´t use any protection. Though I don´t like iPhones very much, so that´s why I bought the S6. I`m really dissapointed from this. Less than 48 hours and the first problems presented.
My question, is there anybody else with this problem? What can I do?
Sorry, haven't had the issue. You try an exchange.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You're lucky. I tried five times to get a scratch free 128 GB home button. Phone may be great but the QC and packaging is poor. I'm resigned to the fact that the button is just made of cheap plastic or something similar and will always have some hairline scratches depending on lighting. Just a shame that they go all out with the phone materials/design and put the cheapest quality surface on the most prominent place.

German Silva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
That´s sad mate. I agree on what you are saying. Hope that in S7/Note 5 (If they put a fingerprint button) they make it a lot better. Maybe they would learn the lesson like Apple. I saw the button in the iPhone 5s was also very easy to scratch and they change it on the iPhone 6, I think,

German Silva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Yea. I was sad at first because they said that was from normal usage, and I was really surprised they said that (those scratches aren´t normal). They called the manager and he also said the same thing, I was about to resign and go to my house, when they said me they were going to replace it, and what a relief. They also said me to take care of it alot. Have to admit that they were professional that day, because many times the carrier (Telcel) is very difficult to argue with.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea. I was sad at first because they said that was from normal usage, and I was really surprised they said that (those scratches aren´t normal). They called the manager and he also said the same thing, I was about to resign and go to my house, when they said me they were going to replace it, and what a relief. They also said me to take care of it alot. Have to admit that they were professional that day, because many times the carrier (Telcel) is very difficult to argue with.

When will you get your replacement?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device