Screen Brightness

dalsmavsfan

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does the Skyrocket brightness seem a bit washed out. It appears to me that the color is too white and the contrast is too high. I've also noticed that that the screen looks a little blurry.

Maybe because I'm comparing it to the epic touch.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does the Skyrocket brightness seem a bit washed out. It appears to me that the color is too white and the contrast is too high. I've also noticed that that the screen looks a little blurry.

Maybe because I'm comparing it to the epic touch.

I agree. I put it side to side with an ATTSGS2, with both on auto-brightness, and opened up Maps. S2's colors definitely popped more.

dalsmavsfan

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
There is no screen mode on the Skyrocket. I really digg this phone but love the epic's display and how in the browser it reformats when you pinch zoom in and out. The Epic display is crisper and the colors are deeper. But you can't beat the internet speed of the LTE, assuming you live in a LTE Network area.

dalsmavsfan

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Exchanged my phone yesterday for another skyrocket phone.. It appears this one has a blue tent. I going to return this one and wait until the New Year. Maybe the Best Buy where I'm getting them has a bad stock.

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Exchanged my phone yesterday for another skyrocket phone.. It appears this one has a blue tent. I going to return this one and wait until the New Year. Maybe the Best Buy where I'm getting them has a bad stock.

They all have a blue tint (unless there's something wrong with it). That was the one thing that made me hesitate on buying it. In the end, I figured that I wouldn't notice it as long a it was the only phone I used....and I was right. Though I know it's blue, for the most part it goes unnoticed. Just don't look at an iphone 4 or Vivid then look back at the Skyrocket.

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
What's the Screen Mode set to on the Skyrocket? Is it set to Movie by chance?

Where is screen mode?? I have only seen this option on the Samsung made for Sprint 4.5" version (epic 4G) of this phone.. The epic 4G lets you set the screen to Dynamic, Normal, or Movie.. Dynamic was awesome! Deep blacks and rich color.. It really woke the screens picture up.. Is screen mode also on the Skyrocket?? I can only find brightness which does squat except brighten the screen.

Last edited:

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could adjust the level of ambient luminance at which the auto-brightness switches from dim to bright. In some buildings, usually in houses, the light is considered dim for the phone, so the phone goes dim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe