Screen dims when phone gets warm

pj737

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I was most excited to get the S22U because of the increased brightness over my Note 20U. While it's a brighter phone, it's actually dimmer than the Note 20 if the phone gets warm. I'm assuming this is to protect the phone from getting too warm but it makes it totally unusable in the sun and in an all year warm weather climate like I'm in. I realize most here won't have this issue now because it's cold in most places. But I'm curious to see if others in warm climates are having the same issues or if my phone is defective.

The phone doesn't even have to get hot. Just warm enough from the sun hitting the glass and doing mild processor demand work like surfing the web, etc.

The way you can tell it's force-dimming is when you take the dimmer bar past 50% it doesn't get any brighter. It's basically fixed on 50%. I also noticed that the dimming is restricted more the warmer the phone gets.

I recall having this issue with my Note 10 but was not an issue with my Note 20. So I'm very disappointed that I got a huge downgrade in a very important function for me - being able to read my phone in the sun.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was most excited to get the S22U because of the increased brightness over my Note 20U. While it's a brighter phone, it's actually dimmer than the Note 20 if the phone gets warm. I'm assuming this is to protect the phone from getting too warm but it makes it totally unusable in the sun and in an all year warm weather climate like I'm in. I realize most here won't have this issue now because it's cold in most places. But I'm curious to see if others in warm climates are having the same issues or if my phone is defective.

The phone doesn't even have to get hot. Just warm enough from the sun hitting the glass and doing mild processor demand work like surfing the web, etc.

The way you can tell it's force-dimming is when you take the dimmer bar past 50% it doesn't get any brighter. It's basically fixed on 50%. I also noticed that the dimming is restricted more the warmer the phone gets.

I recall having this issue with my Note 10 but was not an issue with my Note 20. So I'm very disappointed that I got a huge downgrade in a very important function for me - being able to read my phone in the sun.

im guessing its a hardware safety feature. But you can try to contact Samsung to make sure if its a safety feature or a defect.

newsamsungssuck

May 27, 2022
Visit site

Yea My galaxy s10+ never dimmed when warm I assume it's because screen burning is a huge issue with amoled panels my s10+ had the tiktok buttons burned into my screen but I'd honestly rather have that then this stupid dim bull**** I have to play apex mobile or call of duty mobile with my box fan super close to me so I'm freezing while playing but I have no other choice samsung dropped the ball on this one my next phone will not be another samsung if thats the case main reason I left iphone was that stupid dim ****

Jul 20, 2022
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue, it's completly useless under the sun...when temperature is above 30°C under direct sunlight you can't read anything on the screen, ever worse than my note 8...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech