screen not staying off

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Couple of questions.

1 - Do you have navigation going during this time? If so, then the screen won't turn off.

2 - Are you talking about the moto display showing time and notifications? If so, the sensors may be picking up on movement and thinking that it is moto approach.

3 - Do you have attentive display on? If so, this may be causing the issue.

871kevin

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Neither is on. I mean the home screen comes back on as soon as I turn it off. If I'm at the home screen the home screen will come back on. If I'm at the lock screen the lock screen will come back on.

Posted via the Android Central App

871kevin

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
And it's only when I'm driving so I'm wondering about location or something but I can't find anything

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you turn on developer mode? There is a setting in there to stay awake when charging. Settings / developer options. (it should be turned off by default.)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Try toggling it on and then off (if you already have developer options turned on.) The only other thing I can think of is that the charger or cable is bad and the phone is actually rapidly switching between charging to not charging to charging, etc.; when you put the phone on the charger, it powers on, so perhaps it's constantly getting the signal that you are powering on before it times out?

So, maybe try a different car charger and/or cable?