Screen on off app

gencoabandando

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good app that can replace the power button? Its kind of difficult to get to and I would like to be able to turn my screen on and off without it....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
On my galaxy nexus I use smart screen on to turn the phone on and widgetsoid to turn the screen off. With the my nexus 7 I use a case that uses magnets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gencoabandando

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I will have to order that!

Do some shopping around & be sure it's exactly what you want. There are a lot of case options. I personally wouldn't be able to stand that one, due to it covering part of the face/bezel of the device.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I personally wouldn't be able to stand that one, due to it covering part of the face/bezel of the device.

I agree - at least get something that won't interfere with you swiping in from the edges like that one does since you need to do that motion all the time. There are lots of good choices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't interfere with swiping down for notifications or quick settings. You don't have to swipe from the bezel, just from the top of the screen.

CJREX

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Do some shopping around & be sure it's exactly what you want. There are a lot of case options. I personally wouldn't be able to stand that one, due to it covering part of the face/bezel of the device.

This is me as well.

I had a similar case on my Thrive and seemed to be forever hitting the edge when swiping.

I have a BluRex on my N7 that doesn't obstruct the screen, but the magnet feature works properly only about 50% of the time.

It almost always wakes it up, not so much putting it to sleep.

Other than that it's great.

Edit: Just noticed another bonus for the BluRex case...

When (if) the dock becomes available, the case won't have to be removed to put the N7 into the dock.

Just pop the 2 lower clips and the pogo plugs are fully exposed. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell