Screen Recording

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I bought my Note II on launch day I can say that it is the best Android phone by a long shot. I have owned 12 Android phones to date including each Nexus with the exception of the Nexus 4. So I have a bit of experience. On to why I'm starting this thread.... Today was my 1st time being disappointed with the Note II. I wanted to record some actions from my screen to send to a friend to demonstrate to her how to do something. Pressing the home button and volume up is supposed to initiate screen recording but it's not working. As I dug into it I found that this is an issue on the international as well as carrier branded phones. Has anyone here ever tried and gotten screen recording to work?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Note II on launch day I can say that it is the best Android phone by a long shot. I have owned 12 Android phones to date including each Nexus with the exception of the Nexus 4. So I have a bit of experience. On to why I'm starting this thread.... Today was my 1st time being disappointed with the Note II. I wanted to record some actions from my screen to send to a friend to demonstrate to her how to do something. Pressing the home button and volume up is supposed to initiate screen recording but it's not working. As I dug into it I found that this is an issue on the international as well as carrier branded phones. Has anyone here ever tried and gotten screen recording to work?
Samsung Galaxy Note II Screen Recorder function - YouTube

I know you are going to yell at me for this ...... but you can get it by rooting :-\

Here is a video i put together after screen recording
How to add Native APN editor to VZW Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I know you are going to yell at me for this ...... but you can get it by rooting :-\

Here is a video i put together after screen recording
How to add Native APN editor to VZW Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube

Lol. No yelling. I gave up my rooting/roming ways and settled down to live a life of using the carrier/oem sanctioned software. I know, I know....that's no fun. But after some 10 years modding between Windows Mobile and Android I don't have the patience to play the cat and mouse game anymore. Maybe I'll go back to my outlaw ways one day.

rodionrr

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am planning to prepare tutorials hence screen recording is very important for me. Does Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 have the same feature? I will appreciate your reply.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi I am planning to prepare tutorials hence screen recording is very important for me. Does Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 have the same feature? I will appreciate your reply.

Hey, DXC - can you shoot me a copy of those instructions as well? I could really use that with some of the work I do. Thanks!

Posted it earlier see quote below

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1407664
[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Set to high quality
40fps
From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DarkChylde-QC

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah, okay, I misunderstood. I thought you had initially referenced a way to do it natively with root. When I saw the Screencast link you provided, I assumed you were passing on details of an alternative method (that didn't require root). My bad!

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol. No yelling. I gave up my rooting/roming ways and settled down to live a life of using the carrier/oem sanctioned software. I know, I know....that's no fun. But after some 10 years modding between Windows Mobile and Android I don't have the patience to play the cat and mouse game anymore. Maybe I'll go back to my outlaw ways one day.

I know you said you gave it up but this note ii is SO easy to root it's absurd. Seriously.....5 minutes and I was rooted (and I'm not a real techie guy). I still run the stock rom but I had to root just for stuff like this and the multi app feature (verizona limited that to about 5 useless apps).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you gave it up but this note ii is SO easy to root it's absurd. Seriously.....5 minutes and I was rooted (and I'm not a real techie guy). I still run the stock rom but I had to root just for stuff like this and the multi app feature (verizona limited that to about 5 useless apps).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Root has been stabilized in 4.1.2?

Jaws4God

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
i am on 4.4.2 ND7 Firmware.. rooted with gravity box.. i enabled screen recording from power menu but it says "SYSTEM NOT SUPPORTED" is there a way around it?

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21