Screen Timeout randomly reverts to "2 seconds"...how to make it stay at other intervals?

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
my S4 would randomly revert itself to 2-sec screen time out. it dims the screen in 1 second, then turns off the screen in the next second. I keep going back to set it at 10 minutes but it would randomly change to 2-sec again. I don't know how to duplicate it but yesterday I had to change it 5 or 6 times already...does anybody know why or how to fix?

thanks

Screenshot_2013-05-06-06-02-38.png

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen Timeout randomly reverts to "2 seconds"...how to make it stay at other intervals?

anybody have the similar issue or know a fix? its getting really annoying...thanks

Gerald Hofer

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen Timeout randomly reverts to "2 seconds"...how to make it stay at other intervals?

Yes - seen that as well on my new S4. Also random and also very annoying. Not sure what triggers it yet. How does a 2 second timeout make sense anyway??

islandguyci

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Hello, Did you manage to find an answer to this yet? Mine S4 is doing the same. Thanks

Raneciansamaiya

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

OMG.... I been searching for a fix. This is so annoying!!!!

islandguyci

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Did you guys find a fix? I have managed yesterday a way to stop it. Let me know if no one resolved it and I'll post.

Aileen Reidy

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Help.... Its driving me crazy. Happened about 10 times today. Thanks!

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I know this isn't a real fix, but if you enable Smart Stay from the dropdown bar, then it won't time out while you're looking at it...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Do any of you folks have "Power Saving Mode" enabled? (Settings --> My Device --> Power Saving Mode)

Try turning that off and see if that helps.

I really think Samsung should have better labeled that service...they should have called it "Cripple your device mode"

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

one work-around i found was to download the "screen timeout toggle" app from google play and add the widget to the home screen. tapping it would make the screen stay on...presumably forever...i rather turn the screen off myself than have it turn off on me every 2 seconds...

would love to hear what other solutions there are...

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem and associated it with one of my apps "Lightflow". I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to be certain, and each time I uninstalled it, the iissue stopped. Reinstalled, and it started right back up again. Now that I don't have it installed I havent had the issue for a while. If you don't have lightflow, perhaps it is another app that is causing the problem. I was pulling my hair out until I figured it out lol

Brandon32

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem and associated it with one of my apps "Lightflow". I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to be certain, and each time I uninstalled it, the iissue stopped. Reinstalled, and it started right back up again. Now that I don't have it installed I havent had the issue for a while. If you don't have lightflow, perhaps it is another app that is causing the problem. I was pulling my hair out until I figured it out lol

I have the same issue and I have Light Flow installed. So far, I can live with it because it only changes to 1 second time out once a day, every other day.

geex4

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Thanks light flow was my issue, took it off my phone and no issues since!

Heard light manager is the same and has less issues. I'll just stop playing with my light and leave it default for now it does not sound like the phone likes it's lights being messed with anyways. Not to mention light flow never even worked for me