Scrolling is chunky

dealy663

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got my pixel 8 yesterday and upgraded from a old Samsung Galaxy s20 ultra 5g. And the new pixel 8 seems to scroll considerably less well than my 3-year-old Samsung. Is there something that I can change in the settings that will improve performance? I've already set it to 120 Hertz refresh rate

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that is a thing for the scrolling to wait. I'd start looking to see if you have a rogue app running that is causing you issues. Is the battery also taking a hit that you can tell or is it just a scrolling, is it app specific on the scrolling issue or is it consistent across every app you scroll?

Reactions: Maljunulo

dealy663

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery is at @55% after 12 hours and 4.75 hours of screen time. It says reddit and Flipboard are the busiest apps, which seems about right

nitewulf

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
Mine is not as smooth as my P6P was. I have toggled smooth display on and off with little if any difference. Animations are set to 0.5. I use Nova Launcher. Now some apps do scroll very smooth, but others such as Prime Video stutter badly. In contrast, my S23 Ultra is smooth as silk. I run the exact same apps on all my phones so it's not a rogue app. So some of us will have jittery issues with some apps while others may have a better experience depending on the apps they have installed. At this point, I have to say it is what it is.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine is not as smooth as my P6P was. I have toggled smooth display on and off with little if any difference. Animations are set to 0.5. I use Nova Launcher. Now some apps do scroll very smooth, but others such as Prime Video stutter badly. In contrast, my S23 Ultra is smooth as silk. I run the exact same apps on all my phones so it's not a rogue app. So some of us will have jittery issues with some apps while others may have a better experience depending on the apps they have installed. At this point, I have to say it is what it is.
Yeah I was going to say my 6Pro is smooth as silk on Android 14... smoother than it was on 13. And that's with adaptive display turned on. I'd guess a few updates in and the 8 will start improving just like the 6 did 👍

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174