Sd card check?

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone try this one out yet?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4074905

CoolEStore OV 128GB Class 10 Micro SD CARD SDXC TF HIGH PERFORMANCE Flash Memory Card UHS-1 READ SPEED up to 80MB/s 30 years warranty use SAMSUNG FLASH 100% TESTED generation 3

OV

Note: *This item is only available from third-party sellers ( see all offers ).

See All Buying Options

Add to Wish List

Hey Hey Hey!

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with no names. The qualities are the same. So why pay more.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I agree with dpham00, stay away from"no name" cards, no way to know who manufactured them, and if you do have a problem you may have a hard time with your warranty. Buying generic cards from someplace like Micro center is a little different because they will stand behind them, and if they are seeing a lot of returns, they will change suppliers. That being said, I have recently had a couple of SanDisk cards fail and have switched to Samsung cards, very happy with them so far, and if you watch Amazon you can get them at really good prices.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why not? I use nothing but no-name cards from microcenter. No need to pay 2x just to have a name brand on it.

Nothing wrong with no names. The qualities are the same. So why pay more.

They might not be the correct capacity - a 128gb might really be a 16gb. They can also have an incorrect rating. And there might be problems getting it warrantied.

If you look at this specific item, there are no reviews on any of their sd cards, and the manufacturer only has one review. In reality, I have seen the Sandisk 128gb microSDXC for $70-100 on sale, so it was even cheaper than what this seller was selling it for. Btw, even with regards to Sandisk cards, directly. would only buy from large stores directly, no amazon 3rd party, eBay, etc. Too many fakes out there

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
They might not be the correct capacity - a 128gb might really be a 16gb. They can also have an incorrect rating. And there might be problems getting it warrantied.

If you look at this specific item, there are no reviews on any of their sd cards, and the manufacturer only has one review. In reality, I have seen the Sandisk 128gb microSDXC for $70-100 on sale, so it was even cheaper than what this seller was selling it for. Btw, even with regards to Sandisk cards, directly. would only buy from large stores directly, no amazon 3rd party, eBay, etc. Too many fakes out there

Good and valid points.

I used a no name 32 GB card without issue years back. But I think with the 128 GB card and the price involve then maybe the reknown cards will be a wise choice. I currently have Sandisk 128 GB on my phone though...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Good and valid points.

I used a no name 32 GB card without issue years back. But I think with the 128 GB card and the price involve then maybe the reknown cards will be a wise choice. I currently have Sandisk 128 GB on my phone though...

if you buy no name you should test the card to verify full capacity. There are also other tests to confirm speed, but usually fakes will not be the full size.
http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

There are speed tests as well that you can get from the play store

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
+1
Why not? I use nothing but no-name cards from microcenter. No need to pay 2x just to have a name brand on it.
As noted above...
If it's legit. A lot of times the same people may be making cards with different names and private labels. Then again--you may well get a card advertised at 128gb and find it's a 32gb. There's a wild, wild west out there. And I do like some assurance of quality control. I will get that from Kingston and SanDisk. I may not get it from "Mr. Generic Packaging." It may be fine. May not. Hard to tell except the hard way. Are you putting irreplaceable photos on it? Losing your ebooks when on vacation? Another $25 may not be such a bad deal.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has crazy deals going on right now for SD cards. Both San Disk and Samsung. I highly recommend anyone looking for an SD card to go there now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp