SD card error "SD card is blank or has unsupported file system.

jdraper2015

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Did you end up resolving this issue? I am having the same issue, but am trying to recover all the files I have saved on the card

he suggested formating the card, however doesnt seem we are able to recover files. I have tried everything and nothing is working.

Last edited by a moderator:

yuytyuyt

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I ended up with the same blank sd problem. I took the sd card out then blew the dust off. After I tried, all of my info was still on it even though I hit the format button several times. When the problem started I reset the phone while an app was accessing the sd card to load a file. Maybe it had something to do with that? Idk, hope this helps.

jamesdgreer79

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Solved "SD card is blank or has unsupported file system"

Hi jdraper2015,

Solved SD Card Blank

I was facing a similar problem in my samsung s3. I was using my phone on a trip to click photos and then suddenly this message started popping up. I was scarred that I would loose all my photos of not only this trip but also my past trips since I had never backed up my data. But l feel I was lucky to find an excellent step-by-step video tutorial which not only recovered my files but also fixed my SD Card.

Here these are the steps that worked for me
1> Inserted the sd card on a pc using an sd card reader
2> Used photorec utility to recover my pictures
3> Used testdisk utility to fix my corrupt sd card
4> Backuped SD Card in PC
4> Formated sd card in PC
5> Repaired SD card using chkdsk
6> Formated sd card again in phone
7> Copied the backed up folders into my sd card

The step-by-step video tutorial l found was over here: https://www.howisolve.com/blank-sd-card-error-recovered-fixed/
The Download link for the utilities are :TestDisk Download - CGSecurity

Cheryl Diggs

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
SD. Card. Is. Blank. And. Reads. Unsupported. File. In. My. lg. Smrt. Ph. Want. To. Add. Songs. To. It. From. YouTube. Playlist. And. Insert. It. In. Bluetooth

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Format the card in to FAT32 with mini tool partition wizard. Do not remove the file system and than create a new file system in order to save your data! Format everything! After the formatting is done insert your SD card in to the phone and be patient because it may take a few minutes for the phone to check errors and accept the card.

Tested on Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810, Android Version 4.1.2( Not updated with the Samsung service because it is rooted), Rooted with Iroot( or KingRoot as also known). I hope this helps please vote if it helps!

In order to check if your card is defective please use h2testw. If you do not want to wait you can only write and verify 10GB of data but that may not be accurate. It takes a lot of time( Hours may 2 days depending on the data amount) but it is worth it!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
The card is new and blank, but when put in my phone and every other says "blank sd or has unsupported file systems"... my phone storage is maxed out, and I need this card to stop tripping please!

sahil talwar

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I tried a lot but I got a way to backup my sd card ( make sure you are rooted). but for that to work you have to go into the recovery mode {i did it with team win recovery(for those who dont know team win recovery, its just a different kind of clockwork mod recovery) } of the phone .
what I did was i inserted my sd card into the phone and entered into the recovery mode and then i attached my phone to the computer via usb cable (i am still in the recovery mode) . now from there go to "mount" tick the sd card box button from all the boxes available , next just press the button named (disable /enable MTP). and when you click that you will see your device displayed in the my computer section and inside that you see your external sd card files which can now be easily retained . i hope it helps.

if you have any problem just comment.
and if doesnt seem somewhat clear to you i can still make a video for the same .reply if you want:)