SD card not detected

Rachael Simpson

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I need help. When I insert my SD card into my phone, it is only detected if I use something to press it in. As soon as i let go and it clicks into place the phone has no idea that there is an SD card inserted. Without my SD card in the phone i cannot use my camera which I really need the use of, also I can only have about 2 apps installed at a time. This happens with all SD cards as I have tried many different ones

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it could be a problem with the contacts inside the slot--maybe they're dirty or loose. I'm not aware of an easy way to try to clean them off, since the SD card slot is so narrow. You could consider bringing the phone in to a cell phone repair shop and ask if they can try to clean it out.

And just to clarify--you're sure that you're pressing the SD card in all the way until it clicks? Remember that it usually alternates--press it in all the way until it clicks, and it's in. Press it in all the way again until it clicks, and it should pop out. (Apologies if you know this already.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126