SD card not showing in gallery

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Am using GS5 SM G900H.My device not showing the videos and images in the gallery . but displayed in file manager . this problem appears yesterday when I remove and insert the SD card(8gb).but they are displays in others devices..plez help

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try keeping the card out and then rebooting. Then reinsert the card and wait a few minutes.

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Still same problem.reboot the device and cache clear also.A few months back same pblm on Samsung galaxy grand prime also.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I'll be able to solve this. Use your file manager app and look in those folders--is there a file called ".nomedia" in them? If it were there for some reason, that would prevent the images in those folders from being added to the Gallery database.

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes sir I created.nomedia in the gallery.and reset the phone after that the problem came.i searched .nomedia folder it shows no match found..plez help it's annoying..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite following you. If you created a .nomedia file in a directory, then none of the image files in that directory or any of its subdirectories will be shown in the Gallery. You need to delete any .nomedia file that is in any directory with an image that you want shown in the Gallery.

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Sir I deleted .Nomedia file in the directory after a few seconds it appears in the directory at any place.sry for my bad English...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is the exact directory on the SD card where you're deleting the .nomedia file? Is it called /DCIM/Camera? Is it a directory you created? Is it some other app's directory? If it's some other app's directory, then it's possible the app keeps re-creating the .nomedia file after you delete it, because that's what it's programmed to do.

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
It shows like this in the pics when I open in the album but when I open in time it shows some my original pics and videos...yes sir I created .nomedia file in /DCIM/Camera/ in the directory ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-25-13-11-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-25-13-11-55.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 13

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not sure what to try next. In general, you shouldn't create a .nomedia file in a DCIM folder, since that's where camera photos are stored. If you created the .nomedia file, then deleted it, I don't understand why it keeps showing up again. Perhaps you should start from scratch with a new SD card, and this time, don't create .nomedia files in any directory with images you want to see in the Gallery app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac