SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No dice.....the SD card unmounted on its own on the new phone WITH Good Lock installed. Out of the three cards we have, this is the only one giving us trouble. I'm just gonna have to put this behind us; can't spend anymore time on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Man. That sucks. This is seriously a much bigger deal than anyone other than this thread is making it out to be.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
No dice.....the SD card unmounted on its own on the new phone WITH Good Lock installed. Out of the three cards we have, this is the only one giving us trouble. I'm just gonna have to put this behind us; can't spend anymore time on it.

Which SD card were you using?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Our new black S7 edge has only popped the SD notification twice in the past 3 days. A little better then the launch S7 edges but still a problem. I'm using a Samsung 128GB Pro + card in this phone.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got off the phone with T-Mobile and they are sending me a new device. Fingers crossed. Hope this one works. Samsung support is terrible.

asd6845

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I downloaded the update from Sprint, no issues. That was 2 days ago. Got a SanDisk Ultra 64 in the phone now. Gonna try swapping the SD card this weekend to see how it works.

OK, turns out the phone doesn't like PNY and favors the SanDisk Ultra. Weird. At least the SanDisk is running trouble free (knocking on wood).

Coleboy23

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My S7 doesn't like PNY, Samsung, or Sandisk cards. I installed good lock and I haven't gotten the notification yet. Although I'm still skeptical because some people said good lock didn't work but it has been working for almost a day so far.

Alpha Male PR

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I had the sd card constant notification on my phone, I tried everything including a phone exchange. I went to a Samsung representative at Best Buy, she erased android from my phone and reinstall a new copy ... THE PROBLEM IS GONE!!!!!!!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the sd card constant notification on my phone, I tried everything including a phone exchange. I went to a Samsung representative at Best Buy, she erased android from my phone and reinstall a new copy ... THE PROBLEM IS GONE!!!!!!!!

Report back in a few days. A lot of people are saying that it goes away and then comes back.

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have watching this thread for a week to find solution for SD card keep Unmounting Itself on my Galaxy S7. Because my sd card pop up like hell (30-40 per day). Then I found the solution is I go to Samsung Galaxy app store to download an app call Good Lock. After install and restart my device, I don't get any more SD card unmounted pop up since Tuesday. I hope it helps you guys.

Note: Good Lock is an app that update the Android system UI, so I think The Sd Card was conflict with System UI whole time.

Didn't gind the app on galaxy store but a quick google search of samsung good lock found an apk download.
Installed and will update in a day or two if the notifications and reboots stop.

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Damn. Not good news.

Viet9a3

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry for what I've heard. I'm using the Good Lock app since Tuesday and I only got one Sd pop up when I restart my S7. I'm using Transcend 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-I/U3.
Note: before I use Good Lock app. I had tried all solution on Internet to get away the SD pop up bugs such as: factory phone, format sd card by computer and phone, deselect System UI from Optimize battery usage, tried 3 differences micro sd cards, and more.

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I found this solution on xda...

Format your SD card (after removing any personal files of course) and swipe the notice left or right, then open up the camera app. Make sure the app is set to save to the memory card. Take a 25-30 second video and view it.

That solved it for me. A restart of the phone and the notice did not reappear.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I just made the jump and brought S7 edge gold color...even here in india stock is sold out at most places...
Thou i waited for new batch...and luckily my phone shows manufacturing date for April 2016...hope samsung has fixed the bug...

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Installed Good Lock from an apk download. Installed and formatted my Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 gb sdxc card last night. I still get the sd card notification but only on a reboot.
The good news is I have only had one random reboot since last night.
Fingers crossed

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
you guys need to quit wasting time reformating and hoping and whatnot. just go to your carrier and do a warranty claim.

Alpha Male PR

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
This is a software problem, the bug is in the copy of android that was installed in the factory. You need to install a fresh copy of android through a Samsung representative or exchange your phone. Exchanging your phone does not guarantee that you wont get a phone with the same problem.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This is a software problem, the bug is in the copy of android that was installed in the factory. You need to install a fresh copy of android through a Samsung representative or exchange your phone. Exchanging your phone does not guarantee that you wont get a phone with the same problem.

Are the reps at Best Buy aware of this? Can they do that there in the Samsung experience shops?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter