SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

WalkGood

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Just taking pics & video, sometimes saving pics emailed or from social media.

Now my S7 cannot even detect the sd card. Yet my old S5 can still see & use the card. Had no issues for 7 or 8 wks of having the S7.

Fred1068

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Anybody figure this out... I can't access any of the data on my memory card now very frustrating* it worked fine for a week after I got this phone and I've been stuck with this notification for the last 7 days unable to use the card. (Encrypting SD card)
none of my files appear even when I plug into computer... Oddly enough it still has the option encrypt/decrypt sd card and when I start the phone it ask for sd card and password... When I go to the storeage settings the SD card just says "ready"
I restarted my phone a bunch of times and like that it started reading my memory card again.... It worked fine for 2 days... Eventually I had to restart my phone and what do you know I'm all the way back at sqare one no memory card accsess.

Ughhhh so frustrating ruining my experience with this phone... Wish I had just never encrypted in the first place. I can't find any other information on the Web about this problem either.

Any tricks to getting the phone to read my SD card?

My phone "reads" the card I have to enter the memory card password upon booting up the phone. I get the encrypting SD card notification aswell.... Under the storeage menu the SD card is just listed as "Ready" I cannot access any of the files (they don't even show up) just odd that my phone knows the card is there but does not actually read it?

Posted via the Android Central App

I got the same issue with my S7 ..... is there any one can help me out to fix this matter?

hrmatsui

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem since I bought my Samsung A7 2017, using a Samsung micro SD card EVO 128 GB. I have tried all the suggestions in this forum and other sources. But I finally got it to work myself!!!. First let me show what I tried before I fixed the problem:

- Re-formatted the card from the device
- Re-formatted the card from Windows 7
- Re-inserted the card to the slot correctly (see this https://youtu.be/KEsFHnuGWms)

Facts:

- I didn't want to block the UI notification, this would be only a workaround, would not fix the problem itself.
- I have already used the same card on another device (S5) and never had this problem, so I was sure that the card was ok.

After 1 week of lot of tries and annoying notifications, card unmounting, etc. I noticed my card had a small golden sticker on the same side of the contacts. This is a guarantee that the card was a genuine Samsung product. However, I suspected that, although the sticker was tiny, it could affect the contact inside the device. So I took an extreme measure and removed that sticker. Voilá!!! After that, no more notifications whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Helder

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000