SD card removed unexpectedly?

A

AC Question

SD card removed unexpectedly

I just bought the S7 less than a week ago. I bought it, in part, for the expandable memory. Naturally, I bought a MicroSD card (a PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE)) The first time I put it in it worked for about 5 minutes. It popped up that the SD card had been removed unexpectedly. I restarted the phone. Again it worked a few minutes. Then, it said it was removed. I removed it and put it into my computer and everything reads just fine. I put it back in the phone and got the same old working, removed. Now, it does not even work recognize it to begin with.
Is this a problem with my S7? Do I need to return and exchange?

Thank you.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD card removed unexpectedly

Some people are complaining about the same issue, and many others, like me, don't have that problem.
If you already tried with other SD cards and it does the same, or if that card is the one you really want to use and nothing else. Well then, I'd say exchange the phone before the 14 days period is up.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree. If the problem goes with the card, it's probably a bad card. If it goes with the device, it's probably a bad device.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: SD card removed unexpectedly

I had a pny card that only lasted a few days before it failed. Try a Samsung or SanDisk card instead.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I hoped that Samsung had fixed this issue by now. I had this problem with the s4 and note 3. Sounds like it is still a problem. It got to the point where I could not use an SD card with either phone, because it would go back and forth over and over all day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol