SD card: seems like a dumb question but...

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 128gb SD card for my g4. Turned phone off, put in the card, powered on, and everything seemed fine. Took a couple of shots, they saved to the card just fine.

The next day, I powered down to swap the battery. SD card was now corrupt and not working. Tried reformatting it in both the phone and computer. No luck. This card was literally dead after less than 24 hours and only storing a couple of pictures.

Fortunately Amazon replaced the card no questions asked. I now have it. So in order to not have this happen again, did I not do something the first time that I should have? Or was it just a bad SD card? This seems so silly and easy, and I've never had this problem with other phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
SanDisk SD cards have a 5 year warranty. I haven't had any issue with my LG G4 with the 128GB SanDisk that T-Mobile gave me as a bonus. However I had a cheap off brand SD card that went bad in my Samsung Tap S 10.5 tablet. It worked for a while and then I noticed it wouldn't mount. So I guess SD cards can go bad. I came out of the computer business and memory is one part that has the least failures of all the components.

From now on I will only buy name brand SD cards with a good warranty.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This new card seems to be working just fine. I knew right away that something must have been wrong with the first one because I remember when I booted up after inserting it my phone prompted me to format it right away and it never actually mounted. I got no such notification with this new card, and it appears to have mounted itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsun_Galacticus