SDK manager, n00b question....

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey Im sorry, but im following how to root my LG Optimus S and I followed it fine up until the instructions said to "Launch the SDK manager, should be something like C:/Android-sdk-windows SDK Manager" I have NO IDEA what he is talking about. Im TERRIBLY new and TERRIBLY unhappy with my phone as it is and I want to put in Reborn I think. Ive downloaded the ROM but havnt done anything else to it because Im still stuck on ROOTING the damn thing!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE????:-\:mad:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey Im sorry, but im following how to root my LG Optimus S and I followed it fine up until the instructions said to "Launch the SDK manager, should be something like C:/Android-sdk-windows SDK Manager" I have NO IDEA what he is talking about. Im TERRIBLY new and TERRIBLY unhappy with my phone as it is and I want to put in Reborn I think. Ive downloaded the ROM but havnt done anything else to it because Im still stuck on ROOTING the damn thing!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE????:-\:mad:

You have to install Linux. :p
But seriously, google android sdk. It's a program that you must download. Once you download and install it, open it and select available packages in the left menu and download the files from 2.2 and up. You will need to click a check mark. You will see what I mean...
EDIT: You also need every version of java while you're at it... Might as well get those too... Jdk I believe is the one that you are likely to need...

Reactions: TheRidge

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I feel like a jerk. I FINALLY figured out how to do the SDK thing and all that. But then I ran into a problem with opening the SDK file and opening manager, when I did that, it opened a cmd and you cant do anything in it. It just SITS there mocking me LOL! Im not sure what ive done wrong. But ive been up all dang night trying to root this damn thing and so far I was able to install superuser. But I cant do anything with that because when I try, it tells me I have to root my phone before I can do anything to it! GRRRR Im reading my eyeballs out trying to learn, really I am. I havent been this much of a n00b at anything in a LONG dang time.So, if anyone has any other hints they can help me with, lemme know. I even tried some of the cheats out of frustration ie. 4shared, z4root, and I even have Rom manager on it, which i just now read NOT to do anything with on my Optimus S!!! *SIGH* Im stuck and dont know where to start now. Can ANYONE take the time out to help this idiot? Thanks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital