Second hand Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 requires previously synced Google account for setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoegali

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a second hand Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 on eBay.

On powering it up I am prompted for location, then wifi network and password, then Google account verification.

There is a message stating "sign in with Google Account that was previously synced with this device" which of course I don't have with it being a second hand device.

Sure enough on entering my Google credentials they are rejected.

I could send the device back to the seller but if I can find a workaround that would be preferable given the effort involved.

Anybody know of a workarounf?

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Your only option is to contact the seller and have him remove this device from his account. If he is not the previous owner and does not have the previous owners sign in info then you will need to send it back to get a refund.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is called FRP, or Factory Reset Protection. As noted above, the only recourse is to get the seller to properly reset it. Honestly - I wouldn't bother with a device of that age, it's just not worth it. That device will only support up to Android 7 (officially) and developers are quickly dropping support for older versions of Android. I think Android 8 is the oldest OS developers are required to support now. There are other, NEW, devices at reasonable cost that are much more worthwhile to put effort into setting up.

Hoegali

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Your only option is to contact the seller and have him remove this device from his account. If he is not the previous owner and does not have the previous owners sign in info then you will need to send it back to get a refund.

I was hoping this would not be the answer, even as I thought it may be :)

Thanks tismydroid.

Hoegali

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
This is called FRP, or Factory Reset Protection. As noted above, the only recourse is to get the seller to properly reset it. Honestly - I wouldn't bother with a device of that age, it's just not worth it. That device will only support up to Android 7 (officially) and developers are quickly dropping support for older versions of Android. I think Android 8 is the oldest OS developers are required to support now. There are other, NEW, devices at reasonable cost that are much more worthwhile to put effort into setting up.

Thanks. I have contacted the seller.

I bought it to play Roblox with my daughter, I am not usually a tablet kind of guy so as long as I can do that on it for a year or two it will be fine. I see Roblox currently support Android 5.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers