Security updates

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't the Note 9 supposed to get quarter security updates? The last one I got was for August 1st. I have Tmobile in the USA.

Thinair1911

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm in AZ on big red and we are still on August 1 security update. Phone is unlocked Android 10 One UI 2.5.
UPDATE: got the November 1, patch December 31, 2021.

Last edited:

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
In the USA. Got a Tmobile update today. Looks like it went from August 1 to November 1 security patch. Hmmm... Guess we are really lagging behind now.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Got another T-Mobile update today. Just got November 1 a few days ago. Today got January 1. That’s odd. Hubby has a S9+ and hasn’t got either yet.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Currently with AT&T & phone updated to January 1 security patch a couple weeks back.

I'm guessing there may be a quarterly patch or two left until the Note 9's are w/o support? Which is kinda infuriating as the phone still works great.

I'll be watching the release of the S22 for the announcement of how long Samsung will officially support the new phones with updates.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Currently with AT&T & phone updated to January 1 security patch a couple weeks back.

I'm guessing there may be a quarterly patch or two left until the Note 9's are w/o support? Which is kinda infuriating as the phone still works great.

I'll be watching the release of the S22 for the announcement of how long Samsung will officially support the new phones with updates.
Usually the newer Samsung 3 years OS probably 4 years security

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I read a leak yesterday of 4 years software & another year security will be announced tomorrow at the unpacked event. If that turns out to be true, I'll likely pre order.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I read a leak yesterday of 4 years software & another year security will be announced tomorrow at the unpacked event. If that turns out to be true, I'll likely pre order.
It could be we see what Samsung says in the coming days , definitely looking good the S22 , you going for the s22U since it houses the Spen?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It could be we see what Samsung says in the coming days , definitely looking good the S22 , you going for the s22U since it houses the Spen?

I soooo thought I would use the S Pen. But I really haven't.

So I'm undecided there. Next big choice I think is trading in our just outright purchase.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I soooo thought I would use the S Pen. But I really haven't.

So I'm undecided there. Next big choice I think is trading in our just outright purchase.
Gotcha , when its available check Samsung shop or website see what they give for your Note as a trade in they usually give best trade in prices otherwise a carrier might give a good discount but they spread their trade-in discount over the months kinda dont like that way .

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I got two different security updates the last couple of weeks. And now I just February 1st security update for my note 9. Three within a couple of weeks. My husband and son still have not received any on their S9 and S9+

catspyjamas

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Still on Nov 1st security patch in NZ. From this thread it looks like at least another 2 security updates before nothing at all? I don't care about general software updates, but as long as I'm still getting security updates I'm happy to keep this phone. ESPECIALLY as earbuds either seem to fall out or cause pain - tried many & given up, & my Note 9 is still running well. The battery of course isn't as good as it was, but reading the S22 subforum it's not *that* much worse than what some are getting on their brand new phones. My Note was fully charged to 100% last night, & this morning after 12hrs of complete idling (always on switched off) it's on 91%.