Seems like the S20 Ultra Verizon Android 11 update got pulled back...

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've read mixed reports over Reddit and other forums, from people including myself who didn't get the update when it first released yesterday, or got an error message while downloading. It was released yesterday morning to everyone and I found out at night, and it hasn't showed up manually ever since I wonder if they found critical bugs.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Over on SamMobile they refer to the possibility of a mistake with Verizon's stable Android 11 release...

"There was some confusion about Verizon’s update at first and it’s still not entirely clear if the recent update was pushed out early by mistake or by design."

Source

Also from SamMobile...

"
and it has to do with Verizon’s confusing support pages. They mention that the Android 11 update is out now along with the November 2020 security patch, but the build number suggests it’s a beta build."

Source

Last edited:

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Over on SamMobile they refer to the possibility of a mistake with Verizon's stable Android 11 release...

"There was some confusion about Verizon’s update at first and it’s still not entirely clear if the recent update was pushed out early by mistake or by design."

Source

Also from SamMobile...

"
and it has to do with Verizon’s confusing support pages. They mention that the Android 11 update is out now along with the November 2020 security patch, but the build number suggests it’s a beta build."

Source
I just got it buuuut I don't know if I should update it based on initial feedback and what you mentioned that it's a beta version.Screenshot_20201203-173046_System%20updates%20UI.jpeg

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
First noticeable major improvements, WiFi and Cellular radios have been updated to perform much better. I've had wifi range issues causing my wifi to be slow for a bit now and ever since I got home with the update applied my wifi signal improved, without moving my router or anything at all. Also my signal at home improved quite a bit.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've read mixed reports over Reddit and other forums, from people including myself who didn't get the update when it first released yesterday, or got an error message while downloading. It was released yesterday morning to everyone and I found out at night, and it hasn't showed up manually ever since I wonder if they found critical bugs.

I did the update last week. So far, the only issue I'm having is with Good Lock needing updated, along with several in that suite of apps.

Also, I tried to leave beta version of Google Messages, but have lost chat services. For some reason, it just won't connect. I've tried all the suggestions multiple times and it still won't take. It's not like I had that many who I could chat with, but sucks that I've lost the ability. I also tried just rejoining beta and still no dice.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Also, I tried to leave beta version of Google Messages, but have lost chat services. For some reason, it just won't connect. I've tried all the suggestions multiple times and it still won't take. It's not like I had that many who I could chat with, but sucks that I've lost the ability. I also tried just rejoining beta and still no dice.

When I was migrating over from my Pixel 3 XL to the S20 FE and had an issue with specific SMS messages getting through, I was switching between apps, uninstalling and re-installing, etc. As I recall, the chat features option in Google Messages must be pushed from the server side, because I recall the option not being there at one point, and then appearing a little while later without anything else being done by me.