Seidio Active "Limited Edition" Burgundy from Amazon...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok I bought the Seidio Active "Limited Edition" Burgundy combo from Amazon and it arrived today.

Initial thoughts - I like it MUCH more than the regular Innocase or the Rugged. It just feels right. No creaks like the Innocase and not as gigantic as the Rugged. The hard buttons are MUCH easier to press than with the rugged.

The Amazon version is similar in design to the Rugged with the exoskeleton shape.

So far I'm very happy! The only thing I'd like to see would be removable port covers for the earpiece & HDMI/USB jacks (like how SwitchEasy does with their iPhone cases).

Best case yet imo after trying 6 different ones.

Here are some pics:

1037784288_esh4H-M.jpg

1037783591_QoebN-M.jpg

1037784456_sXnqH-M.jpg

The rest are here: Droid X - Bill & Tami (btz)'s Photos

Reactions: Dirty Ders

ParadigmUSA

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks great! I think I may have been a little over zealous when I bought the rugged; really not to my taste, more bulky than I thought it would be with the phone in it and all. I may end up getting the active or waiting for the Otterbox cases.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Black also. According to Seidio the other colors are coming too.

Where can I find more info?

Based on your reviews, I got the Platinum from Best Buy. I like it, save for the creak by that unnecessary opening on the left side. And I have the fact that I cannot easily remove the case to use my Moto dock at night.

The Active Limited, correct if I'm wrong, is a rubber skin and snap-fit plastic shield. It's the rugged minus the innocase interior right? Which means when I get home, I pull off the plastic shield and rubber skin and in the Moto dock it goes.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You are correct .46. It comes off a lot easier than the surface. I'm getting my info about the amazon version from the the Seidio guy on their Facebook page. They are fairly active there about posting and answering questions.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You are correct .46. It comes off a lot easier than the surface. I'm getting my info about the amazon version from the the Seidio guy on their Facebook page. They are fairly active there about posting and answering questions.

Thanks, I'll make sure to check it out. This just might be the solution I'm looking for.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I just ordered friday 3ea black active case / holster combos for my wife my buddy and myself. Didn't see anything about a limited edition. I ordered direct from seidio as they're located here in Houston so I get stuff fast. So the extended back fits in the active or just this limited edition version?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I just ordered friday 3ea black active case / holster combos for my wife my buddy and myself. Didn't see anything about a limited edition. I ordered direct from seidio as they're located here in Houston so I get stuff fast. So the extended back fits in the active or just this limited edition version?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Not 100% sure - but considering the extended battery fits the Innocase Surface (and Rugged as well) and the Amazon Active for the Droid X - I would see no reason to believe it wouldn't also fit with the regular Seidio Active case. Other than the plastic shell being slightly different than the Amazon version - they're the same product.

I see you're posting from an Incredible - no idea what will and won't fit those. I can only speak for the Droid X.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Am I correct that this case increase the thinkness of the phone between 50-60%.
I have been thining about getting one of these when they became avail but one of the things I really like about the X is how thin it really is.

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Got mine in last night and I love it!! Looking at seidio's website tho, this looks just like the ruged to me and not the active? I've never been to big into cases and holsters so I don't really have extensive knowledge or anything but based on looks, the rugged has the "x" lookin plastic over the rubbery sleeve and the active didn't....am I missing something here? Either way, I love this thing, just curious!

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Got mine in last night and I love it!! Looking at seidio's website tho, this looks just like the ruged to me and not the active? I've never been to big into cases and holsters so I don't really have extensive knowledge or anything but based on looks, the rugged has the "x" lookin plastic over the rubbery sleeve and the active didn't....am I missing something here? Either way, I love this thing, just curious!

The Amazon edition of the Seido Active does look similar the the Rugged. The plastic exoskeleton is different on the Amazon sold version than the Seidio sold version and more closely resembles the Rugged's exoskeleton.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej